Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor We designed a better phone dock for the Model S & X. Here's how, and why.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my dock and guides the other day. Works great with my iPhone X with rather thick Spigen Neo-Hybrid case. I was surprised that it didn't come with the screws for installation, but luckily I already had the Tesla dock connector so I used the screws from that. Mine came with a straight cable (i.e. not right-angle) and it's long enough to reach my high speed charger in the cigarette adapter. The phone is nice and secure and I'm sure it would hold up to Ludicrous acceleration (maybe even "Plaid"). ;)

Excellent point about the screws. This is exactly the type of information and feedback we looks for. We can certainly try to include it in our future items! If you have any more questions we're here to help! Stay tuned for more products soon!

Thank You for the quick shipment!

Unfortunately since the cable is no longer included, I had to order the Model 3 lightning cable from Tesla. However, several days after your package arrived, I just got this email from Tesla:

“Thanks for contacting Tesla. Unfortunately, due to the high demand for the Model 3 Phone Charging Cable (Lightning), it is currently on backorder. Our expected replenishment is overdue. We do not have an exact date as of yet, but have been told that it may be a few weeks. If you would like, you may wait until we have received our replenishment and are able to process the remainder of your order for shipment, or you may cancel your order up until the point of processing for a return of funds to the original form of payment. We apologize for the delay and for any inconvenience.”

Soooo ... is there an alternate Lightning cable that also fits/works the same?
And if so, would you be able to source me one? Otherwise I have spent $70 for nothing until Tesla ever gets these back in stock ...☺️☺️☺️

Thank You for the quick shipment!

Unfortunately since the cable is no longer included, I had to order the Model 3 lightning cable from Tesla. However, several days after your package arrived, I just got this email from Tesla:

“Thanks for contacting Tesla. Unfortunately, due to the high demand for the Model 3 Phone Charging Cable (Lightning), it is currently on backorder. Our expected replenishment is overdue. We do not have an exact date as of yet, but have been told that it may be a few weeks. If you would like, you may wait until we have received our replenishment and are able to process the remainder of your order for shipment, or you may cancel your order up until the point of processing for a return of funds to the original form of payment. We apologize for the delay and for any inconvenience.”

Soooo ... is there an alternate Lightning cable that also fits/works the same?
And if so, would you be able to source me one? Otherwise I have spent $70 for nothing until Tesla ever gets these back in stock ...☺️☺️☺️

Of course we can help with this. I'll send you a message.
Also the store was slightly down due to sight maintenance and is back up now!

Bought the guides and the Dock and the Guides. They are awesome. Now the dock finally works the way it is supposed to, regardless of case. Phone is secure, and can easily be docked without looking. Totally worth it. Only caveat is that you have to buy the Tesla dock or cord also, so that you can have the cord you need. But you paid $100,000 for the car... you can spring the extra few bucks for a proper phone dock.

Last edited:
Reactions: skyline
Bought the guides and the Dock and the Guides. They are awesome. Now the dock finally works the way it is supposed to, regardless of case. Phone is secure, and can easily be docked without looking. Totally worth it. Only caveat is that you have to buy the Tesla dock or cord also, so that you can have the cord you need. But you paid $100,000 for the car... you can spring the extra few bucks for a proper phone dock.

Great to hear a satisfied customer! Please sign up for our mailing list on the site. We're always trying to release more exciting products for the Tesla enthusiast community and of course feel free to reach out to us with questions!

Here's what it looks like installed. I have a Pixel 2 XL, and it's in a TPU case.

IMG-1600.JPG IMG_20180519_170128.jpg IMG-1601.JPG

Another update - my iPhone 7 Plus with case and Sinjimoru stick-on credit card pack made the overall size as well as thickness a bit too tight to easily pull out of the guides. So I figured I’d maybe have to cut the guides back or add some slick tape to the ends of the guide fingers like someone on here already did.

I let Skyline know in case they wanted to develop something different later for those with larger phone pkgs., but next thing I know, they reply and say they have Already Developed a new, softer finger guide set, and are going to ship me a set just for the cost of postage!

And now my new set is on its way to me ...

Talk about taking care of their customers - Thanks again, Skyline!

Reactions: hiroshiy
Another update - my iPhone 7 Plus with case and Sinjimoru stick-on credit card pack made the overall size as well as thickness a bit too tight to easily pull out of the guides. So I figured I’d maybe have to cut the guides back or add some slick tape to the ends of the guide fingers like someone on here already did.

I let Skyline know in case they wanted to develop something different later for those with larger phone pkgs., but next thing I know, they reply and say they have Already Developed a new, softer finger guide set, and are going to ship me a set just for the cost of postage!

And now my new set is on its way to me ...

Talk about taking care of their customers - Thanks again, Skyline!

New design guides received, finally installed when I had time, and now my bulky oversized iPhone7 Plus with sticky case and wallet pack holds securely in the dock, yet removes with a slow and gentle upward wiggle. Perfect now. Thanks Skyline!

Reactions: skyline