Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a new front render, based on the infamous image from 60 minutes (center of pic below)
9myO7CP.jpg

tesla-design-studio-screen-cap-1.jpg

You my man, have produced the best looking render yet, well done.

Reactions: forumman83
That looks awesome. Though when I stare at it for a while, it looks a bit like a squashed chimp for Planet of the Apes.

What's the purpose of the air intakes on the ends of the bumper? Battery cooling? Otherwise I'd think they cut down on aerodynamics.

The Model S and X have radiator vents in the front mostly for cooling the batteries, which can get quite hot.

Yeah, the 20% smaller was essentially an off-hand remark (something like "We want to make it smaller than the S... maybe about 20% smaller or something"). And that number can mean volume or dimensions - note if the Model 3 was 20% smaller in each dimension it would be 0.8^3 = 51% of the volume, which would make it a small car.

I think it was a clear design goal from the start. The original aim was to make an electric car that was essentially a competitor to the BMW 3 Series which is almost exactly 20% smaller than the Model S. That size is very popular and is classified as a compact sedan. I would think aiming for a midsized sedan would be better as there are more midsized sedans sold in the US than compact sedans, but for BMW the 3 Series is their best seller.

Reactions: int32_t