Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The S nosecone is a leftover style cue from the ICE days. I don't love the X front but at least they are acknowledging that an EV doesn't need a big grill area and I'm glad they are exploring other styling ideas. I think some of it is simply us getting used to the look of no grill area.

Reactions: Red Sage
Alternatives are NOT more attractive...

audi-e-tron-quattro-concept-grille-600-001.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-Concept-IAA-grille-02.jpg

Khalfi_Oussamas_BMW_X9_Concept-2.jpg

I love the Model S nosecone. It is elegant, classy, and beautiful.

The X is intimidating and mean-looking. Not bad, but I don't like it as much as the S.

I think Tesla is changing the "standard" in how we view front grills on automobiles. Soon, when we see a traditional ICE-Style grill, it will be associated with old, outdated technology. Of course, this is important because ICE vehicles must keep the grill to allow air to flow into the engine and keep it cool.

The X grill is growing on me every day and I've started to strongly Dislike traditional grills. This has been happening subconsciously.

I think Tesla is changing the "standard" in how we view front grills on automobiles. Soon, when we see a traditional ICE-Style grill, it will be associated with old, outdated technology. Of course, this is important because ICE vehicles must keep the grill to allow air to flow into the engine and keep it cool.

The X grill is growing on me every day and I've started to strongly Dislike traditional grills. This has been happening subconsciously.
I feel the same way. I was a little put off the first time I saw the X, but the more I see it, the sleeker it looks. I am definitely okay with owning a car with a similar nosecone, which the 3 will likely be.

I don't like the X nose. Why can't the M3 nose be aero, stylish, and functional. Perhaps since the X-nose is taller than it would be on the M3 sedan, the proportions will look better.
That was my thought, as well. A larger vehicle like the X has a lot more frontal area with just nothing on it. It just looks barren and a bit odd. The smaller profile of the Model 3 will make the empty space more unnoticeable -- it'll blend in with the overall design much better. The frontal look of the X is definitely growing on me over time, and I hope they bring that same design to the Model 3.

There will always be people who love the look of a giant chrome grill. I'll never be one of them.

I haven't seen one of those in 16 years...
And my 16 year old has never seen a vinyl record or a VCR. The world is at his fingertips on a 5-inch phone and he probably can't fathom ever having to go to a library to do research or open a dictionary to check his spelling.

I'm hoping personal smog machines (aka: ICE vehicles) go the same way. If you want to see first hand what a combustion engine looks like, you need to go check out a construction site or a third world country. :cool:

The X nose bothers me because it doesn't look that good. It doesn't need to be a nose cone, but what's there, particularly the hood, looks like it was a design hedge in case they did want to go nose cone. Now that they've taken the plunge I'm hoping the 3 is a refinement of this decision.