Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like this Model S concept and have always been a fan of wagons ... http://electrek.co/2015/12/14/tesla-...it-or-hate-it/

model-s-wagon-rain-prisk-design-e1450054420800.jpg

Model X front end - and SIGN ME UP!

I saw this in front of my the other day in Yorba Linda, CA.
20151209_ev.jpg

I have seen many of these. Some prototype / test car wrapped up so you can't see the design and details. It had a manufacturer plate. Looking closer I noticed the lack of a tail pipe. I got the chance to drive a little closer and next to it. It looked very much like a Prius or Volt. Dated design. I doubt it's the Model 3. But good to see more EVs are coming.

It's odd white stuff. Just two or three centimetres (an inch!) of it can cause traffic delays of one to three hours on my commute to my technical college. Kind of ridiculous, really. It happens on the first snow every year. :confused:
If everybody drove AWD Model S with snow tires, it wouldn't be an issue :biggrin:

I heard they were using some sort of BMW 4 series for a mule. Maybe a grand coupe? Also I'm betting this has a 300+ mile range. I would like to see them add more cells to the pack by putting battery cells where a driveshaft tunnel would normally go, effectively giving the pack a spine. While the floorboard would have an additional hump it could greatly increase range!

I heard they were using some sort of BMW 4 series for a mule. Maybe a grand coupe? Also I'm betting this has a 300+ mile range. I would like to see them add more cells to the pack by putting battery cells where a driveshaft tunnel would normally go, effectively giving the pack a spine. While the floorboard would have an additional hump it could greatly increase range!

Not a bad place to start ... :wink:

2015-BMW-4-Series-Gran-Coupe-9.jpg

2015-bmw-4-series-gran-coupe-front.jpg

Is it possible for anybody to place a still picture of the tesla side view of #6 1st page tesla fireflies. I stopped the video on the side view and that is a beautiful car. It's probably from camera being close to the car and it cuts the overhangs down quit a bit, but if they could make the m3 look like that I'll take one.

Meandering post - bear with me.

Every now and then Elon comes out with something a bit random.

Like when he announced that Tesla really should have designed the Roadster in-house instead of getting input from Lotus - and we all went "Uh huh - excellent 20-20 hindsight there EM".

But the timing of that comment (around the middle of May 2014) and about seven months before the announcement of the yet-to-appear Roadster 3.0 upgrade strikes me as a bit odd.

I'm just wondering if the design work on the 3 led to a moment of clarity where particular features or elements struck Elon as so basic and fundamental, that he sat there and thought: "Damnit, why didn't we think of this earlier/use this on the Roadster? Particularly since, with a sports car, it's much easier to introduce something which is a little more unexpected!"

So should some of our ideas about the 3 come from things like this?

18d3urhhjc8fvjpg.jpg

(Which of course is just another Lotus - for the irony. Plus, not a four-seater etc etc :)

Also worth a read: Drag Queens: Aerodynamics Compared Car and Driver