Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the German version of Wired broke this story? They sent people all the way from Germany to interview Franz and take pictures, vs having someone local do it and putting it on the English site?

Maybe Tesla supplied the photos and they interviewed Franz over the phone or Skype. I wonder if Franz speaks German (being of German descent).

To me if I imagine a blanket over this model x picture it would look very similar to the one in that picture (i mean the nose cone)

tesla-model-x-launch-007-2040.0.jpg

of course this is all perception

we will know soon anyway
I hope it doesn't look like this. Too blah

Oh man if this is the case, I'd be amazed and delightful. To hear the top end of the car is less than 60K is actually really exciting.
Most importantly to get over 300miles (500km) would be a blessing!... that's the most important for me!

I can check every single box if it tops out at $60K.....

As Elon half-joked last night, maybe they DO need to produce more of these....... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: cdub and pmich80
It's time for TMC members in SoCal to start driving by Hawthorne with some binoculars and reporting back what's going on. They're got to be setting up the big tents and outdoor stuff like they did for the D and other events. And I wouldn't be surprised if there are some last-minute test drives of the 3 around the area. Time to snap some pictures!

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the German version of Wired broke this story? They sent people all the way from Germany to interview Franz and take pictures, vs having someone local do it and putting it on the English site?

Maybe Tesla supplied the photos and they interviewed Franz over the phone or Skype. I wonder if Franz speaks German (being of German descent).

This could be done on purpose to give the car a feel of that German design that Americans love. Its all about perception.

Good find - heres a tweaked version with the levels raised. Interesting lines towards the rear, and a weird bulge above the wheelarch.

Also - heres a tweet from the admin of Electrek.co that was deleted a few minutes after being posted.View attachment 169243View attachment 169244

Definitely not an MS. Rear overhang is much smaller, body lines seem sharper, front fender seems higher/sharper, front is definitely more vertical and less/not rounded, mirrors seem less raked back and more square.

It certainly doesn't look like a shape that will be less that .2cd. Was that an actual quote from anybody at Tesla, or just rumor?

I'm so excited I can't stand it. It seems that the M3 won't be the "weird-mobile" that a lot of us feared!

I wouldn't hang my hat on Subaru doing anything. Volvo is doing a lot with PHEV's and their CEO said that 10% of their sales will be BEV by 2020.

And they have promised their first (not counting the C30 electric) BEV to be out 2018.

Edit: And to not be completely off-topic, can someone with photoshop skills mockup a hybrid of S and X? Something that will be taller than S but not as tall as X?