Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That rear body line across the rear wheel well seems totally different versus the MS to me. Also, the front body line that looks like it runs along the hood line looks much more pronounced and seems to extend further down towards the front bumper.

Nail on the head. The cloaked car and the S are VERY different (albeit subtly) if you look really, really closely. Measuring the top of the wheel arch in the quarter panel to the sculpted line on the quarter itself, the "3's" is actually more aggressive than the S's and it almost (don't quote me) looks like the 3's quarter wheel arch is flared. The quarter glass looks to come to a pointed back angle versus the upward rounded version on the S, the mirrors are a completely different shape, the nose is just like an X as speculated...I mean even the roof line itself is more bubbled (likely for headroom).

All I know, is it's all fun to try and "crack the code". I can't wait to see it tomorrow. I have a feeling it's going to be gorgeous if that is in-fact a 3 under a blanket as assumed.

well I can't seem to find a single better MS comparison pic (and too dark is now my excuse to get one of mine at the exact right angle) but instead I am keeping the contrast blast image up and flipping through Model S pics on Google image search.

And... starting to lean more towards the tracksyde :D and I am pretty certain this covered model has a lower "beltline" than Model S, with a more aggressive slant towards the side windows.

Seems to me to be for airflow just for the mirrors when going fast.

If so... perhaps means 2 things.

1. Mirrors will be "baked-in" to the aerodynamics of the first M3 design. But still as good or better than MS even with more carved body design.

2. They are going after German market with an Autobahn car

JB's "next gen" tech... hmmm .... gears ?

... like Elektrek already suggested 2 months ago (nice rendering):
model-3-render-mchoffa-1.jpg

I created this one exactly proportional to the BMW 3 Gran Turismo, so if that has ample headroom, this mockup would as well
View attachment 166030

I think McHoffa came closest with his post. This could be it, a hybrid between S and X (taking into consideration that blanket photo, shorter and narrower but same height as an S). But we'll see in a couple of hours.

attachment-php-attachmentid-112666-jpg.166030

2016-03-30-spyshot-jpg.169349

Last edited:
The sale assistant in the Tesla store showed me an image of the headlight of the Model 3... said it was on a forum... I assumed this one, and that it had come from Tesla... anyone seen it?

Looked like angel eye type headlights and on a dark metalic silver car.