Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least that status bar looks useful. It’s currently a multi step pain to unlock doors for someone outside, and to select driver profiles. Map route options could be cool, but they also broke auto map rerouting based on traffic conditions, so we shall see if it works.

At least that status bar looks useful. It’s currently a multi step pain to unlock doors for someone outside, and to select driver profiles. Map route options could be cool, but they also broke auto map rerouting based on traffic conditions, so we shall see if it works.

Well, my buddy @jebinc got it downloaded, Status Bar isn't working, - apparently. Anyone else? It's listed in the patch notes, but no bar at the top.

Well, my buddy @jebinc got it downloaded, Status Bar isn't working, - apparently. Anyone else? It's listed in the patch notes, but no bar at the top.

A lot not working… pure junk. Oh, still have 🐝 🐝 🐝

Attachments

• DDDD34C2-90C1-4802-8F9F-F568E32584EC.jpeg
    DDDD34C2-90C1-4802-8F9F-F568E32584EC.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 62ED3C06-E3CF-4FB9-A140-8B09CD8B4768.jpeg
    62ED3C06-E3CF-4FB9-A140-8B09CD8B4768.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 6A6D2ABD-6691-4B08-8F6B-C7A97C24E34F.jpeg
    6A6D2ABD-6691-4B08-8F6B-C7A97C24E34F.jpeg
    545.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
Mine is still nagging me to install - but it's a 2014. Is there anyone in this thread with a pre-refresh that is making the noise? I'm concerned (and don't want to let it update) because while the CAR is a 2014.... The battery pack is from 2022. So if this is coming from something in the pack, then it could affect me too. Do we have any ideas where it is coming from yet?

Cannot believe this is take them this long... And they also still haven't stopped diatributing the buggy update AFAIK.

Worst case is that our car will just keep buzzing in the future I guess.
Sure would be helpful if Tesla could let us all know the source. What exactly is buzzing continuously? The buzz sound will reduce the lifespan of some component. One of the power modules doing this and will fail soon?!??

Reactions: nilesborg
I have a 2021 Refresh S that also started making this same noise after a recent update.

The SC here says "We changed the frequency of part of the high voltage system, and an unwanted side effct is this whining noise. It does not indicate a malfunction and the noise does not affect wear, longevity, or reliability of your Model S. The team is working on reverting this frequency change, you can expect a fix in a future firmware update."

I have a 2021 Refresh S that also started making this same noise after a recent update.

The SC here says "We changed the frequency of part of the high voltage system, and an unwanted side effct is this whining noise. It does not indicate a malfunction and the noise does not affect wear, longevity, or reliability of your Model S. The team is working on reverting this frequency change, you can expect a fix in a future firmware update."

Hahahaha. Honestly, the SC are full of CRAP! We changed a... frequency of part of the high voltage system? Seriously? That's a joke of a report, truly.

They may as well have said, "Yeah, we made a thing go BUZZZZZ! At some point, maybe, it won't go BUZZZZZ! anymore."

And the SC truth of course is, "Yeah, it's buzzing. We don't know why. We can't fix it. We'll just tell you it will be fixed in a future firmware update, because that's our go-to response when we have no f'ing clue what's wrong."

I’m fairly certain the radar water intrusion and hydraulic wake-up wire are just unrelated pseudo recalls, or fixes required since early production on Refresh.
I went on a month long vacation to find my car’s interior with mold on it (seats, yoke, door panels) when I returned. Also, the floor board on the driver’s side is soaking wet. The mold wiped right off, I had the car detailed and made an appointment with Tesla service. Their fix is the “front radar replacement due to water intrusion.” We’ll see if it fixes it. I love the car but the build quality is laughable. Here’s a pic of the mold.

Attachments

• 20DD1BC6-196B-4A12-9FFF-CBC0714FFC9D.jpeg
    20DD1BC6-196B-4A12-9FFF-CBC0714FFC9D.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 95
I went on a month long vacation to find my car’s interior with mold on it (seats, yoke, door panels) when I returned. Also, the floor board on the driver’s side is soaking wet. The mold wiped right off, I had the car detailed and made an appointment with Tesla service. Their fix is the “front radar replacement due to water intrusion.” We’ll see if it fixes it. I love the car but the build quality is laughable. Here’s a pic of the mold.
The build quality is worse than a 20k Honda

• Disagree
Reactions: aerodyne and DBV1