Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, good thing I'm on 2022.20.17. I'll make sure not to upgrade. I thought I saw an article in the news about this. Is it fixed on a future release or just pending a fix?
The article is based on this thread, and one person's communication with the SC. Tesla has not "publicly" acknowledged this issue as of yet. There's no fix, and it honestly would not surprise me if there is no fix, ever. I'm not saying that's the eventuality, but I am saying it would not surprise me if it is.

The article is based on this thread, and one person's communication with the SC. Tesla has not "publicly" acknowledged this issue as of yet. There's no fix, and it honestly would not surprise me if there is no fix, ever. I'm not saying that's the eventuality, but I am saying it would not surprise me if it is.

I agree you would not be surprised...

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and WilliamG
Please don't tell us you are the kind that lets his dog bark, and acts like it's no big deal and you don't hear it? :eek:🤣🤣🤣
Apples to hand grenades. It's a small sound that can barely be heard in my garage.

I obviously noticed it as I reported here early, but it's a non-issue. None of my neighbors can hear it and it's not loud enough to be heard in public.

If I were to wager a guess, *most* people will be fine with the buzz *if* there was some confirmation that it is just a noise and no wear-and-tear to any parts on the car. The absence of information on the latter is what makes many (including me) antsy for a fix.

If it truly is a small number of cars as someone speculated on the thread earlier, then it is possible we may indeed be waiting for a long time for a fix.

In related news, I had Mobile Service over today to fix my broken Hazard Button and Liftgate latch and I mentioned the noise to him and the response I got was that it is 'within expectations' of the kind of noises an EV is supposed to make. I did not bother to push any further.

Reactions: jebinc
Update from SC, they are saying the buzz is normal ... normal "at this time."
Screenshot_20220922-131452_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: pilotSteve
I'm a bit surprised it's such a big deal to many.
Not sure how you can even say that? Tesla has put nothing official out that this is not a safety issue. Absolutely insane that it has not been fixed yet. Like, I said earlier, Apple has problems with their software or phones and it fixes it almost immediately. Also the media and public whine about it. Apple is how a first class company operates. Have a problem, like the recent GPS issue on the iPhone 14 Pro’s and guess what a fix is done a week later. Hmm….

Now we are talking about an EV, that definitely has a weird issue and was caused by a software update. Tesla is supposed to be a software/tech company. My wife thinks it could catch on fire and makes me park outside (I don’t blame her). That is perception. Media should pick this up and just blast Tesla for it. As a new EV owner this is definitely unsettling and I can’t imagine how unsettling it would be for any new EV owner. Just not acceptable to not have a fix out yet or even acknowledge, like Apple or other first class companies do.

Hey Tesla - stop focusing every effort on FSD for just a second and fix this issue! And for anyone saying it is a non issue or it will never be fixed just amazes me. You have to expect better and if not then it will be reported to NHTSA. It is a $100k car, this is not acceptable.

If I were to wager a guess, *most* people will be fine with the buzz *if* there was some confirmation that it is just a noise and no wear-and-tear to any parts on the car. The absence of information on the latter is what makes many (including me) antsy for a fix.

If it truly is a small number of cars as someone speculated on the thread earlier, then it is possible we may indeed be waiting for a long time for a fix.

In related news, I had Mobile Service over today to fix my broken Hazard Button and Liftgate latch and I mentioned the noise to him and the response I got was that it is 'within expectations' of the kind of noises an EV is supposed to make. I did not bother to push any further.
with Tesla you can tell them your wheels got separated from the car while driving and you'll get the same response "within specs"
I took my car for service because paint on the front bumper was peeling and they said "you buy Tesla for the technology and not for the look"

• Funny
Reactions: Dannietjoh
I love how some will just bend over and accept issues with their cars.

If this was since day 1 then I can see why some will say take or leave it. BUT it was not like this when I bought it, they updated it and broke it and refused to roll me back.

I guess i will be one of the few who will seek lemon law if this dragged to the end of this year.

I love how some will just bend over and accept issues with their cars.

If this was since day 1 then I can see why some will say take or leave it. BUT it was not like this when I bought it, they updated it and broke it and refused to roll me back.

I guess i will be one of the few who will seek lemon law if this dragged to the end of this year.
Actual issues are one thing, but a buzz sound is not something I consider an issue. Someone claiming it's a safety issue is the same level as saying EVs will take down the grid. It's an irrational overreaction.

As stated, I don't see this as an issue at all. Some do and that's fine, but my comment was for those saying they would get rid of the car like you and DBV1. These are the people saying things like "I had to wrestle control from FSD" or " Phantom braking is causing whiplash, we need the NHTSA to step in"...it's hilarious and I can't imagine how you handle actual issues in the real world.