Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed a Service Request last night for this same exact issue (2021 MSP) and they stated it's an "oil pump issue" with a recent update and said it'd be fixed in a future update. When that will be is the question! In any case, I think everyone should at the very least log a Service Request so the actual impact is logged.

tesla error.jpg

I placed a Service Request last night for this same exact issue (2021 MSP) and they stated it's an "oil pump issue" with a recent update and said it'd be fixed in a future update. When that will be is the question! In any case, I think everyone should at the very least log a Service Request so the actual impact is logged.

View attachment 856253

OK, I'm glad to know now that it's the fuel pump, I mean the HV battery frequency something or other, I mean normal operation. One of those. Probably more explanations coming soon.

Honestly, I'm appalled by Tesla at this point. This is clearly a real nuisance for many people, and there's absolutely no official word other than conflicting stories from different SCs.

Unbelievable. Or should I say, - completely believable.

View attachment 856253
Add that to the list from service centers
-freq changed in HV system part
-chiller for the battery
-HV battery contact
-heat pump
-oil pump
I think it's the hinge ghost rattling around.

• Funny
Reactions: ayavner
Add my wife's new X to this list after a SW update.

Hey Tesla, get your head out your ass and offer an option to roll back your bugged FW!!!
Rolling back is probably too hard. You have to flash a lot of other microcontrollers and test all of that before allowing the downgrade to go out. They could spin up a "new" release with old code, but it would still require testing. Easier should be fixing the bug and getting it out fast.

• Helpful
Reactions: navguy12
I have already contacted the SC manager and they are aware of the issue. Nothing they can do other than feed my feedback on downgrading to the developers.

In reference to downgrading that is no more or less difficult than a new release. There is no need to regression test an old release already which was operational prior to a new FW update. You're not introducing new code which has not been already operational on the cars various ECMs.

Without access to the source I can't definitively say how the updates are performed or stored but it would not be difficult to store the previous FW in a sperate partition of NVM for downgrade. Needless to say this half assed approach of pumping out untested or poorly tested code against HITL is just par for the course. The lack of SW quality assurance is right inline with their HW QA putting the service centers in a bind fixing post production issues.

Reactions: jebinc
I have already contacted the SC manager and they are aware of the issue. Nothing they can do other than feed my feedback on downgrading to the developers.

In reference to downgrading that is no more or less difficult than a new release. There is no need to regression test an old release already which was operational prior to a new FW update. You're not introducing new code which has not been already operational on the cars various ECMs.

Without access to the source I can't definitively say how the updates are performed or stored but it would not be difficult to store the previous FW in a sperate partition of NVM for downgrade. Needless to say this half assed approach of pumping out untested or poorly tested code against HITL is just par for the course. The lack of SW quality assurance is right inline with their HW QA putting the service centers in a bind fixing post production issues.

True. I don't see why they couldn't push an old software. But, they'd have to figure out which of the many other MCUs would also need to be downgraded to be compatible. And the existing old software release package might not have those firmwares in it, since they weren't changed as a part of the upgrade. I.e. Some door controller MCU might have been upgraded by a newer firmware, but it needs to be downgraded now, but the old door firmware isn't present in the last release since it was last updated 10 releases ago, or some other nonsense.

But, agreed. Quality control, particularly around NVH is awful at Tesla. And same with manufacturing quality. That's why I've been back to the service center six times to fix issues noted at delivery. It's coming up on a year and I still don't have all the issues fixed on my Plaid. This is my fifth Tesla and the worst manufacturing experience so far, so I'm pretty sure this is my last.

True. I don't see why they couldn't push an old software. But, they'd have to figure out which of the many other MCUs would also need to be downgraded to be compatible. And the existing old software release package might not have those firmwares in it, since they weren't changed as a part of the upgrade. I.e. Some door controller MCU might have been upgraded by a newer firmware, but it needs to be downgraded now, but the old door firmware isn't present in the last release since it was last updated 10 releases ago, or some other nonsense.

But, agreed. Quality control, particularly around NVH is awful at Tesla. And same with manufacturing quality. That's why I've been back to the service center six times to fix issues noted at delivery. It's coming up on a year and I still don't have all the issues fixed on my Plaid. This is my fifth Tesla and the worst manufacturing experience so far, so I'm pretty sure this is my last.

Agreed x100000000. Hopefully by the time I come to replace this car there will be plenty more options on the market.

Reactions: Bigbird and jebinc
Agreed x100000000. Hopefully by the time I come to replace this car there will be plenty more options on the market.
to be honest other manufacturers has either A) no updates at all b) if they did update, they will never allow you to downgrade due to the fact their framework is more of a firmware baked into the chip that is PITA to write. I had issues with bothe Cadillac garbage CUE software and Audi MMI updates.

but I agree competition will make everyone better, so hopefully better quality builds and better Service Center experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: navguy12
Very well said! My current Plaid is my 6th Tesla, with increasingly poor manufacturing experience on each (the current being by far the worst), and also having been in the shop 3 times in 4 months of ownership - with 6 whole weeks of ownership spent with the brand new car just sitting at the dealership in an outdoor area with a window open and subsequently receiving the car back extremely filthy inside and out with water spots and bird isht etched on paint and dirt all over. And yes, this is also my last Tesla.