Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dunno, my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate told me that if you go into the car's main menu and tap all of the buttons on the left side main menu bar in alphabetical order three times in a row with less than one second delay between each tap that it triggers an instant update. I tried it but nothing happened. Under software it still says that I have the latest version (2022.28) even though that's a total lie...

That is too complicated. I just had the barista at Starbuck's hook me up.

Car has been parked in the driveway, connected to WiFi, for the past 24 hours or so and still no prompt to update software. I even lit one of these prayer candles but He will not deliver me from the devil's buzzing...
1665519832638.png

Car has been parked in the driveway, connected to WiFi, for the past 24 hours or so and still no prompt to update software. I even lit one of these prayer candles but He will not deliver me from the devil's buzzing...
View attachment 862722
The more you desire, the less chance there is of the Musk letting you drink from the cup of firmware. I'm learning this lesson myself. It is a hard one...

Reactions: Fleetwood75
Whew! Update complete. Before my update completed, I got an error that the car has no charge and dyno mode enabled, strange. I was going to plug it in, but i never let the car get below 50%. So I waited and eventually the car showed 80% installed, then rebooted, then update complete. Had me worried for a few minutes. Anyhow, new update, no buzzing so far and new energy chart (Finally).
same for me. this 2022.36 update was very very scary

Reactions: bionichomer
Heard back from Service. Supposedly the fix for the rear display issue will come with 2022.36.4 . No ETA on the firmware update.

Another fix another bug!
This is interesting, and seems to be bucking the trend of the SC reps not knowing anything. One of them said 2022.36.x would fix the buzzing, which it did. If 2022.36.4 fixes the rear display problem, I'll be really impressed.

This is interesting, and seems to be bucking the trend of the SC reps not knowing anything. One of them said 2022.36.x would fix the buzzing, which it did. If 2022.36.4 fixes the rear display problem, I'll be really impressed.
This message came from remote/virtual service, so I am more inclined to trust them compared to a local SC advisor.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Not so fast.... Yesterday I created a service request and asked if there was any way they could 'push' 2022.36 to my car because the whining was driving me, and particularly my wife, crazy. Every time she comes in from the garage she mentions the whining noise and asks when it will be fixed. I told her several days ago that 'help is on the way.' I had a feeling it would be futile, but I thought I'd ask for the updated version to be expedited. I figured that their systems are in a state of constant change, so maybe they have acquired the ability to put a VIN in the update queue.

Later that same day, I went to use the car and there it was.. a software update notice! But wait... it said that it was ready to install 2022.28.2. I figured that they must mean an updated FROM 2022.28.2 so I let it 'Install Now'. After the update I got a message that it was complete and 2022.28.2 was now installed. I checked... sure enough, they updated to exactly the same version that was installed.

At about that time I got a response from the service center which said that they sent 2022.28.2 to my car and this was the most current version available for my car; 2022 MS LR. I replied with a non-snide comment that said I needed 2022.36 installed to fix the whining problem. They quickly repeated that the version I have is the most up-to-date version. I advised that I have heard from several Tesla owners who had the same problem and all reported that it was fixed with 2022.36. I also mentioned that the newer version was currently being installed on hundreds of similar cars and I sent a link from Teslascope.com which displayed the current status of updates for that version: 2022.36.2.

I was biting my tongue and being polite and non-confrontational so that we could continue the discussion, but the final reply from the SC was: "This is not a tesla site and does not contain tesla information on it. I am providing you the latest information which is the update that you have is the latest."

While I understand that with larger companies, often it takes a while for official details to reach those employees at the retail level, but I assumed that those working at a Tesla Service Center would be aware of commonly reported problems and the resolutions available. I also guessed that being a 'high tech' company, things like the update roadmap and timeline would be regularly available; both from official channels and the more popular industry sites.

I've heard all the warnings here about the lack of knowledge available at the service centers, but I just had to test the waters myself (again).

Not so fast.... Yesterday I created a service request and asked if there was any way they could 'push' 2022.36 to my car because the whining was driving me, and particularly my wife, crazy. Every time she comes in from the garage she mentions the whining noise and asks when it will be fixed. I told her several days ago that 'help is on the way.' I had a feeling it would be futile, but I thought I'd ask for the updated version to be expedited. I figured that their systems are in a state of constant change, so maybe they have acquired the ability to put a VIN in the update queue.

Later that same day, I went to use the car and there it was.. a software update notice! But wait... it said that it was ready to install 2022.28.2. I figured that they must mean an updated FROM 2022.28.2 so I let it 'Install Now'. After the update I got a message that it was complete and 2022.28.2 was now installed. I checked... sure enough, they updated to exactly the same version that was installed.

At about that time I got a response from the service center which said that they sent 2022.28.2 to my car and this was the most current version available for my car; 2022 MS LR. I replied with a non-snide comment that said I needed 2022.36 installed to fix the whining problem. They quickly repeated that the version I have is the most up-to-date version. I advised that I have heard from several Tesla owners who had the same problem and all reported that it was fixed with 2022.36. I also mentioned that the newer version was currently being installed on hundreds of similar cars and I sent a link from Teslascope.com which displayed the current status of updates for that version: 2022.36.2.

I was biting my tongue and being polite and non-confrontational so that we could continue the discussion, but the final reply from the SC was: "This is not a tesla site and does not contain tesla information on it. I am providing you the latest information which is the update that you have is the latest."

While I understand that with larger companies, often it takes a while for official details to reach those employees at the retail level, but I assumed that those working at a Tesla Service Center would be aware of commonly reported problems and the resolutions available. I also guessed that being a 'high tech' company, things like the update roadmap and timeline would be regularly available; both from official channels and the more popular industry sites.

I've heard all the warnings here about the lack of knowledge available at the service centers, but I just had to test the waters myself (again).
So frustrating!

I used to have a job selling stereos and home theaters for a major electronics retailer. I was an audio enthusiast at the time (still am!) and so I would read industry magazines, websites, etc and keep up on everything. Most of my fellow salesmen didn't give a $h1t about any of it. When a customer would come in the best my coworkers could do is read the specs off of the card right there on the display in the store. Meanwhile I could answer any question they had like "what is Dolby Digital?", "how do I connect this to my DVD player?", etc. The customers would often get frustrated and leave when dealing with my clueless coworkers, but I set sales records every month and was constantly winning awards. I'm not some rock star salesman, I just had knowledge of the product that I was selling and that made all the difference...

He was accurate and truthful. You have the latest update available for your car. Not the latest update in the entire system.

There is a method to the madness on which cars get which updates and when. Not sure what it is but if your VIN is not due an update, you will not get it.

He was accurate and truthful. You have the latest update available for your car. Not the latest update in the entire system.

There is a method to the madness on which cars get which updates and when. Not sure what it is but if your VIN is not due an update, you will not get it.
Exactly this. 2022.28.2 is the latest version for their car. That's the truth. Until it's populated to their car, it's just the way it's going to be, alas.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
I am providing you the latest information which is the update that you have is the latest
I guess if what you expect from your support center is 'technically accurate/out of context,' then it was a fine response. If he was aware that there was an update available that would resolve the problem I reported, wouldn't a little more information be appropriate? If he wasn't aware, should he offer to look into it and see if there was a solution?
I know some of us here have lowered our expectations based on experience, but I don't think is unreasonable to expect an actual 'conversation' about a reported problem rather than regurgitating an unhelpful company line. The only accurate response is to say that there is a newer version available that will be downloaded to my car which should resolve the problem. Sorry, we can't control the download queue (if that's the case).
Isn't that what we all know based on numerous reports?