Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Another beautiful Saturday morning with no 36.2 update available yet

😪

Same here! My LAN management system (Ubiquity) allows me to view/monitor all LAN activity so I started looking at the traffic to/from my Model S since I thought that would make it obvious when they sent the update. A couple of days ago 'they' sent 552MB of traffic to my car and I assumed that MUST be my 36.2 upgrade... But alas, no update was to be found. I thought maybe that transmission was part 1 of X, but no further (large) communications have been received. I have no idea how large the update should be, but I'll continue to monitor traffic. I noticed that whenever I use my Tesla app to communicate with my car, only 1 or 2 MB are transmitted.

I'm leaving on a 2-week road trip on Tuesday so I was really hoping to get the update, which hopefully will include my FSD beta, before I left. I was contemplating setting up my phone as a hot spot if I don't get it before I leave. Not sure how well that would work.

😪

😪
You Are burning the Elon Update Candle in your North window...are you not? 🤣 🤣🤣🤣

Elon.jpg

Same here! My LAN management system (Ubiquity) allows me to view/monitor all LAN activity so I started looking at the traffic to/from my Model S since I thought that would make it obvious when they sent the update. A couple of days ago 'they' sent 552MB of traffic to my car and I assumed that MUST be my 36.2 upgrade... But alas, no update was to be found. I thought maybe that transmission was part 1 of X, but no further (large) communications have been received. I have no idea how large the update should be, but I'll continue to monitor traffic. I noticed that whenever I use my Tesla app to communicate with my car, only 1 or 2 MB are transmitted.

I'm leaving on a 2-week road trip on Tuesday so I was really hoping to get the update, which hopefully will include my FSD beta, before I left. I was contemplating setting up my phone as a hot spot if I don't get it before I leave. Not sure how well that would work.
Next FSD next beta will be next week, according to Elon (which means who knows when). Whether or not it's not the .36 branch is anyone's guess. Historically FSD betas are quite a bit behind. They're only on week 20 currently... Hopefully it's part of the 36 branch and they catch up to the main software releases, but if it's a .28 release, you'll get FSD and buzzing!

Next FSD next beta will be next week, according to Elon (which means who knows when). Whether or not it's not the .36 branch is anyone's guess. Historically FSD betas are quite a bit behind. They're only on week 20 currently... Hopefully it's part of the 36 branch and they catch up to the main software releases, but if it's a .28 release, you'll get FSD and buzzing!
Wait... is that a possible explanation for the 'delay' of my update to 2022.36.2? I am currently on 2022.28.2. I have a 22 MSLR and I recently purchased FSD (just prior to the last price increase). Are updates for a car with FSD delayed until FSD 10.69.3 is added into the 2022.36.x build? Somehow I missed my "Welcome to FSD" letter that thanked me for my purchase and explains when it will actually be available.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Wait... is that a possible explanation for the 'delay' of my update to 2022.36.2? I am currently on 2022.28.2. I have a 22 MSLR and I recently purchased FSD (just prior to the last price increase). Are updates for a car with FSD delayed until FSD 10.69.3 is added into the 2022.36.x build? Somehow I missed my "Welcome to FSD" letter that thanked me for my purchase and explains when it will actually be available.
Potentially yes. I’m in the queue, in 2022.24.5 and have 2022.28.2 pending. I got in the queue after 28.2 was pending, and have yet to be offered 36.