Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Supercharger Layout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just came across this picture on Twitter of the new Supercharger at Noyelles Godault in France - now how are you supposed to use that? Surely the chargers in the middle will be blocked by cars using the outside rows?

FmplFc1XEAAUuvy.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Doudeau and Sean.
Oh no - stupid me - park parallel to the charger not perpendicular as many sites are. Then you can get 4 cars around each group of 4 chargers. But I wonder if they have extra long cables? if the site is busy you might end up with your charge port on the wrong side or wrong end of the car.

now how are you supposed to use that?

The oens like that which I've seen in Norway have direction arrows on the ground, which makes it much more clear ... but I have no idea how you find the empty space when its mostly full (although that aerial camera would definitely help ... Tesla could put some info on the Dash

Not sure it helps any more with other-brand? Cars with charge port in wrong place will still block another stall (except for a similarly arranged charger-port car) won't they?

It’s interesting that the stalls seen at the bottom of the image have a different layout too. I’m guessing this is an expansion with the new stalls shown in the upper section of the picture? If so it’ll be extra special confusing with different layout/parking needs 🤣

38478E9E-7585-4D38-9374-6137ACBA13CE.jpeg

yes thats odd. So that solo one you point to the right, the bottom left you're in that top row pointing to the left (so that top row is back to back for some reason) and the the right one you're also pointing to the right. so maybe thats a 'reverse in' section - older than the others?

View attachment 906979

Coudl do with arrows but perhaps if its open to all they don’t want to presume. Could get confusing if busy?
I think it is easy if you imagine how you fill up petrol in a petrol station - just move the car to the free pump and fill in. The only downside is if there is a long queue then who waits where and how they move around is going to be hard to predict. Hope this is one of the chargers where they do not see lots of queue hoping Brits!

I think it is easy if you imagine how you fill up petrol in a petrol station - just move the car to the free pump and fill in. The only downside is if there is a long queue then who waits where and how they move around is going to be hard to predict. Hope this is one of the chargers where they do not see lots of queue hoping Brits!

even putting aside potential confusion with non-teslas charging - even teslas could bung that up pretty quickly if you pick a free 'pump' and get out of sequence. You could have half the units unusuable but they'd show in the satnav as free

even putting aside potential confusion with non-teslas charging - even teslas could bung that up pretty quickly if you pick a free 'pump' and get out of sequence. You could have half the units unusuable but they'd show in the satnav as free
How? it is very hard to bung that up unless someone is utterly clueless about the etiquette of using petrol pumps. I can draw and show how this works simialr to petrol station assuming that we are not facing crazy queues like the Christmas holiday ones!
002C44FD-5CF6-45A8-9A5A-158713C3A88C.jpeg

Last edited:
The single one (in the red circle) next to the divider would work well for anyone towing a trailer.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the intention. As has been said above, we all managed getting to petrol pumps no matter which side (or even front vs rear) the filler was on. The only difference is that there will probably be more EVs charging at any one time due to the longer stationary period than ICE ... so more real estate required!

How? it is very hard to bung that up unless someone is utterly clueless about the etiquette of using petrol pumps. I can draw and show how this works simialr to petrol station assuming that we are not facing crazy queues like the Christmas holiday ones!View attachment 906999
Challenge accepted! I would park here and use the charger indicated, and take out 3 bays rather than my normal 2 (j/k). If I strayed to the right a bit I could maybe block the next row as well.

1676372898595.png

Challenge accepted! I would park here and use the charger indicated, and take out 3 bays rather than my normal 2 (j/k). If I strayed to the right a bit I could maybe block the next row as well.

View attachment 907005
You have to park parrallel to the charger not perpendicular to begin with. Also I have clearly said if you are utterly clueless about the etiquette of using petrol pumps then I don’t think any amount of help is going to make a difference unfortunately :)

I think it is easy if you imagine how you fill up petrol in a petrol station - just move the car to the free pump and fill in

I don't think it works like that. Half the cars have to enter from the right, and half from the left ... hence without arrows I wouldn't expect cars to enter the bays from the correct direction. My expectation is that arrow-paining will be done before it opens :)