Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Supercharger Layout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it works like that. Half the cars have to enter from the right, and half from the left ... hence without arrows I wouldn't expect cars to enter the bays from the correct direction. My expectation is that arrow-paining will be done before it opens :)
See the drawing - like the above post you can park anywhere and you still get a cable, it is a really a brilliant idea except if there is a queue.
23673BC3-7955-48CD-A720-034100414923.jpeg

you can park anywhere and you still get a cable

I see that now - you just have to park with Chargers on your left-side (either pull in / drive through on lane with chargers on left side, or reverse in for opposing lane - assuming someone already in the far bay so you could not drive-through that lane).

P.S. Actually I think?? that's only true for the double-lanes ... the single lanes are still one-way

I see that now - you just have to park with Chargers on your left-side (either pull in / drive through on lane with chargers on left side, or reverse in for opposing lane - assuming someone already in the far bay so you could not drive-through that lane).

P.S. Actually I think?? that's only true for the double-lanes ... the single lanes are still one-way
Yes, true. The only exception seems to be the charge port on the right side (BMW i3 as far as I can remember - which is anyhow discontinued) of the car that may not be able to use if there is only Car 6 space is available. But that is not Tesla’s problem I guess!

After some getting to understand what's going on, you can see there is a certain beautiful logic to it.

Give it a busy period and it has equal potential to turn into an absolute cluster***k. Especially if non Teslas with other random charger locations are added in the mix.

On the subject of weird supercharger layouts, last summer I visited Sagunto charger near Valencia in Spain. There have been 8 chargers installed there, but they have put them too close together (4 opposite 4) so they have not been able to open 4 of the 8 chargers. Now that was a genuine mess up!

It’s interesting that the stalls seen at the bottom of the image have a different layout too. I’m guessing this is an expansion with the new stalls shown in the upper section of the picture? If so it’ll be extra special confusing with different layout/parking needs 🤣

View attachment 906989
No, they are actually all there, it's one of Teslas' replacements for USS

....UnSeen Superchargers

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 18.17.01.png