Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Went to pick up Used Model X.....lots of rust and pitting on brake calipers....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i just drove 3 hours, and had my first supercharge....WHOA the driving experience on autopilot is sooo more relaxed and less stress and its truly amazing all the little things they thougt of like the +5mph click for the cruise control. I really do feel im in the future.

My butt started to feel a bit sore from the seat as it feels kind of narrow. Im 6’3” 180 lb so if its narrow for me thats suprising I guess.... is the seat structure in terms of the raised ‘racing style’ angled walls on the seat...is that the same throughout all years of model X’s?

Is that something you get used to?

Regards,
Michael

So i just drove 3 hours, and had my first supercharge....WHOA the driving experience on autopilot is sooo more relaxed and less stress and its truly amazing all the little things they thougt of like the +5mph click for the cruise control. I really do feel im in the future.

My butt started to feel a bit sore from the seat as it feels kind of narrow. Im 6’3” 180 lb so if its narrow for me thats suprising I guess.... is the seat structure in terms of the raised ‘racing style’ angled walls on the seat...is that the same throughout all years of model X’s?

Is that something you get used to?

Regards,
Michael
Yeah you get used to the seats. I sometimes sit a little crooked / sideways for a change up. It does seem like my seats have gotten more comfortable as they’ve been broken in...

I skipped all the comments so not sure if anyone brought this up, but you are missing a cover in the trunk where the seat folded.

Thank you for the heads up! I had just realized last night I am missing this.

I am scheduling a service appointment for this and a few other things.

my ‘used delivery advisor’ had me choose a service center to have the floor mats sent to and the HEPA replacement filter. This is Schaumburg Illinois in the Chicago area. Im not sure if this means I am assigned this service center for all things and must go here. Any advice on how to connect with people in the Chicagoland area on these forums in order to talk about service centers etc???

I will go for the following issues
1. Floor mats missing
2. Replace HEPA filter (tesla will replace for free even tho they at first put up resistance ab replacing for free in a 2017 which had never had it replaced before)
3. Back trunk panel missig
4. When i walk up to car with key fob in my pocket, sometimes pushing the door handle doesnt open it....also it doesnt auto present the door without me clicking the fob. Also when i double click the fob to have the drivers side door open, sometimes it only opens like 8 inches, not near the full range

I am honestly a bit worried ab the service appointment, even before scheduling it, based on all of I have seen in these forums about service.

Is it really as bad as people say or are these posts biased bc people who have good experiences dont post ab that as much?

I have realized that the two Tesla superchargers in my area are kind of inconvenient. I dont have a home charger yet. When i drive into madison, i generally stick to the west side of the city.

For those who dont have at hone chargers, which chargers do you use for the best combination of convenience, speed and cost?

Also, thinking ab road trips, whats an easy way to find ‘non tesla’ chargers in case the Tesla ones are not convenient for my route? An app for that?

Thanks again everyone for your support, im proud to be part of the family

Regards,

Michael

SharePoint is a good place to find chargers other than Tesla's. But then again, I've never in 4 years had to use one for my Tesla! As far as service. It definitely isn't as good as it was, but the people are in fact great. They're just limited by the number of them that there are. Right now Tesla is trying to do the lean and mean thing. Hopefully once they get a little more business going on a little more profit they will up the service again.

Also, the auto presenting doors is a feature you need to turn on in the menu system. We just bought a 2017 X and it was switched off.
Auto-presenting doors has not always been a part of the base configuration. Not all model X’s have it. But yes, if the car is equipped with the option, it needs to be turned on in the menu.
If your dryer outlet is handy, you can also plug into that for 240V.
Will need a NEMA 14-30 adapter for that, which probably did not come with the charging cable.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Thank you for the heads up! I had just realized last night I am missing this.

I am scheduling a service appointment for this and a few other things.

my ‘used delivery advisor’ had me choose a service center to have the floor mats sent to and the HEPA replacement filter. This is Schaumburg Illinois in the Chicago area. Im not sure if this means I am assigned this service center for all things and must go here. Any advice on how to connect with people in the Chicagoland area on these forums in order to talk about service centers etc???

I will go for the following issues
1. Floor mats missing
2. Replace HEPA filter (tesla will replace for free even tho they at first put up resistance ab replacing for free in a 2017 which had never had it replaced before)
3. Back trunk panel missig
4. When i walk up to car with key fob in my pocket, sometimes pushing the door handle doesnt open it....also it doesnt auto present the door without me clicking the fob. Also when i double click the fob to have the drivers side door open, sometimes it only opens like 8 inches, not near the full range

I am honestly a bit worried ab the service appointment, even before scheduling it, based on all of I have seen in these forums about service.

Is it really as bad as people say or are these posts biased bc people who have good experiences dont post ab that as much?

I have realized that the two Tesla superchargers in my area are kind of inconvenient. I dont have a home charger yet. When i drive into madison, i generally stick to the west side of the city.

For those who dont have at hone chargers, which chargers do you use for the best combination of convenience, speed and cost?

Also, thinking ab road trips, whats an easy way to find ‘non tesla’ chargers in case the Tesla ones are not convenient for my route? An app for that?

Thanks again everyone for your support, im proud to be part of the family

Regards,

Michael
Just curious (as I am a little new to the “used Tesla” family); why are they changing your HEPA filter? How do I know if my filter is bad or not? And yeah, PlugShare is a GREAT source for finding charging options on the road.

Auto-presenting doors has not always been a part of the base configuration. Not all model X’s have it. But yes, if the car is equipped with the option, it needs to be turned on in the menu.

Also, decide if you really want to turn on this option. There had been cases where auto-present has opened the door right into a pole or low curb damaging the door. Personally I prefer triggering the door opening by pressing the handle.

Also, decide if you really want to turn on this option. There had been cases where auto-present has opened the door right into a pole or low curb damaging the door. Personally I prefer triggering the door opening by pressing the handle.

Auto-presenting doors to me is just a fancy feature but not practical in real daily life.
A few examples:
if you park the car on the street (especially city urban areas), you probably don't want it popped open in the chance of hitting other cars/bikers passing by.
if you want to load/pick up something in the back seat/trunk, you probably don't want it popped open especially when you are not ready to drive the car off.
if you park the car in the driveway, you probably don't want it popped open when you just walked in and out of the garage.

Does anyone know if Model x changed the geometry of the bottom seat cushion through the years, like in 2019 or 2020?

I find my 2017 seat to feel a bit tight on the sides of my legs...is this the same experience for those of you who have 2019 / 2020 tesla’s?

The HEPA filter I am having replaced bc it is about 3 years old. That is teslas recommendation.

Michael

Does anyone know if Model x changed the geometry of the bottom seat cushion through the years, like in 2019 or 2020?

I find my 2017 seat to feel a bit tight on the sides of my legs...is this the same experience for those of you who have 2019 / 2020 tesla’s?
The entire front seats changed in late 2019 for the model X. I like my 2017 seats. I do have a friend who does not like them. She says she feels they are judging her for her size.

• Funny
Reactions: Vaillant

The HEPA filter I am having replaced bc it is about 3 years old. That is teslas recommendation.

Michael
Dude, yer a rock star because you selected Tesla over a BMW, congrats. Quit complaining about your seat , and give us some compliments on your new car.

And HEPA should be replaced until, once you smell the horrible ICE vehicle smells that are not filtered with your current HEPA, assuming you know how to enable the Bio-Defense function on your new car, if it has it.

Welcome my friend, you did, as I suggested, make the right decision.....

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA