Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Virginia Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
West Virginians, when driving from say NYC to Hunstville, AL, which is better in mid December, go via Richmond-Charlotte or via Roanoke-Knoxville?

Well, Google Maps shows the shortest route going across PA, down through MD, and down I-81 in VA. That's a perfectly fine route. With your XP90D, the only potential issue is the jump between Wytheville, VA and Knoxville, TN. Depending on your load and your speed as well as the temps outside, that is one where you will likely need to range charge. I don't think it is a win to go a more southern route, especially as it means going through more congested areas (Baltimore/DC metro areas). I would just drive slower in that jump. There are some HPWC, CHAdeMO, and J1772's along that corridor to help out. It's much better now than it was merely 1 year ago.

Well, it finally happened! I saw a Tesla at the Supercharger yesterday so I presume it's operational, but didn't have time to stop for a photo or ask questions. I took the following shot today. It's at the Courtyard Marriott on Kanawha Boulevard close to the new Starbucks.

Doesn't look like it's showing on the Supercharger map on the Tesla site yet.

IMG_20170520_154756.jpg

Well, it finally happened! I saw a Tesla at the Supercharger yesterday so I presume it's operational, but didn't have time to stop for a photo or ask questions. I took the following shot today. It's at the Courtyard Marriott on Kanawha Boulevard close to the new Starbucks.

Doesn't look like it's showing on the Supercharger map on the Tesla site yet.

View attachment 227793
Last update today was that the transformer hasn't been delivered and hooked up yet. So that's why it isn't on the map.