Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As EV Plus says don't expect it, all of the ND locations appear to be awaiting Alexandria, MN connecting them from the East and looking like that won't be until spring thaw. Dickinson North Dakota Supercharger Location

So you've got Sun Highway, Peavey Mart, and the few destination chargers on the T-can (Regina, Caronport, Swift Current, and Medicine Hat) to get you through to Calgary. It'll be slow going in the temps you'll potentially see in November. What battery size do you have on your S?

EDIT: There's also a charger at Fort Qu'Appellle if the Peavey Mart on the East side of Regina would be too much a stretch.

100 kw. Yes Peavey Mart it will be and it will be a long day. On the upside I just noticed the permit is up for Regina 12 stalls at Wall Mart. So hopefully my last trip without super chargers?

Massage for Paul,
I Paul Igot a ticket for driving in HOV lane even I have a HOv sticker on my Tesla. She give me a violation Sec. 161 and Sec 153. of MVA act. I was driving on Willingdon and Canada way HOV lane. Her point was that sing say 6+ people. Is any other person have any tickets on HOV lanes . Thanks

Massage for Paul,
I Paul Igot a ticket for driving in HOV lane even I have a HOv sticker on my Tesla. She give me a violation Sec. 161 and Sec 153. of MVA act. I was driving on Willingdon and Canada way HOV lane. Her point was that sing say 6+ people. Is any other person have any tickets on HOV lanes . Thanks

There are no electric vehicle is okay signs on that section of Willingdon, so you are not suppose to be in the HOV lanes there unless you are a bus or 6+ people. This also applies to the HOV lanes on Hastings in Vancouver to Burnaby, the HOV lanes on Broadway, and HOV lanes on Georgia in front of Stanley Park.

If there is no electric vehicle is okay sign, then it is only vanpools and buses permitted only. The signs are pretty clear if electric vehicles are permitted or not.

Also, you might want to start a new thread instead of posting in a Western Canada Supercharger info thread.

Last edited:
Massage for Paul,

There are no electric vehicle is okay signs on that section of Willingdon, so you are not suppose to be in the HOV lanes there unless you are a bus or 6+ people. This also applies to the HOV lanes on Hastings in Vancouver to Burnaby, the HOV lanes on Broadway, and HOV lanes on Georgia in front of Stanley Park.

If there is no electric vehicle is okay sign, then it is only vanpools and buses permitted only. The signs are pretty clear if electric vehicles are permitted or not.

Also, you might want to start a new thread instead of posting in a Western Canada Supercharger info thread.
Sorry to hear. The signs can be confusing. I've put a clarification post here: HOV Access with Plug-In OK decal

• Helpful
Reactions: Kira
Massage for Paul,

This is from the province's website:
  1. Can I drive in a bus lane or vanpool lane with my EV HOV decal?
    There are two types of reserved lanes in B.C. – HOV lanes and bus lanes. EVs with a decal may only drive in HOV lanes. Bus lanes are reserved for buses only. Therefore, EVs with decals cannot drive in bus lanes. A vanpool lane is a type of bus lane. EVs with decals cannot drive in vanpool lanes without meeting the posted minimum occupancy requirement.
My recollection is that that lane say HOV 6+. If that is the case (and it doesn't say Bus/Van, I would challenge the ticket.

Edited to add that I just checked Google Maps and painted on the lane it specifically says "HOV Lane". I would definitely challenge it.

Last edited:
This is from the province's website:
  1. Can I drive in a bus lane or vanpool lane with my EV HOV decal?
    There are two types of reserved lanes in B.C. – HOV lanes and bus lanes. EVs with a decal may only drive in HOV lanes. Bus lanes are reserved for buses only. Therefore, EVs with decals cannot drive in bus lanes. A vanpool lane is a type of bus lane. EVs with decals cannot drive in vanpool lanes without meeting the posted minimum occupancy requirement.
My recollection is that that lane say HOV 6+. If that is the case (and it doesn't say Bus/Van, I would challenge the ticket.

Edited to add that I just checked Google Maps and painted on the lane it specifically says "HOV Lane". I would definitely challenge it.

The signs on Willingdon say Vanpools, Buses and Motorcycles only. No plug-in decal signs on Willingdon. The painted roadways do say HOV lane but for those mentioned above only.

The signs on Willingdon say Vanpools, Buses and Motorcycles only. No plug-in decal signs on Willingdon. The painted roadways do say HOV lane but for those mentioned above only.

I used google maps and saw no such signage saying Vanpool, Buses and Motorcycles only. At least not by the highway. And the HOV OK sign is not necessary to use the lane. It need only be an HOV (as opposed to restricted) lane to use.

I also checked further down Willingdon. It specifically say "HOV 6 or more". Based on my reading of the literature, this absolutely qualifies as an HOV as opposed to restricted lane.

Last edited:
I used google maps and saw no such signage saying Vanpool, Buses and Motorcycles only. At least not by the highway. And the HOV OK sign is not necessary to use the lane. It need only be an HOV (as opposed to restricted) lane to use.

I also checked further down Willingdon. It specifically say "HOV 6 or more". Based on my reading of the literature, this absolutely qualifies as an HOV as opposed to restricted lane.
unfortunately your understanding of the rules don't matter and the actual rules do. Do your research as the package you got with the sticker clearly outlines where you can/can't drive.

• Funny
Reactions: cmt489
unfortunately your understanding of the rules don't matter and the actual rules do. Do your research as the package you got with the sticker clearly outlines where you can/can't drive.

You do realize that I was quoting the actual rules from the province's website, right? And that I also looked up the relevant statutory provisions? And that my understanding was based upon my review of those published rules, statue and regulations?

Also, my clients happen to pay me a lot of money for my opinion on and understanding of "rules" such as this. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vawlkus
Do your research as the package you got with the sticker clearly outlines where you can/can't drive.

Hmmm, so much information contained in this "package"... HOV Sticker.jpg

Attachments

• HOV Sticker.jpg
    HOV Sticker.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 86
My guess would be somewhere where the ground isn't frozen solid, which is either BC, Maritimes, or in a parking garage "anywhere". My best guess out of those choices would be Nova Scotia or New Brunswick.

Once the annual thaw takes place, then Winnipeg (Polo Park), and/or Regina.