Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sorry this is the correct link:
I thought you were subtly suggesting that I make a YouTube video on a future road trip north of Winnipeg!

I just checked the Plugshare map and there are many more level 2 chargers than there used to be, so the situation has improved. Still however I estimate that 3/4 of the parts of Manitoba where there are roads are not within range of a public charger.

I thought you were subtly suggesting that I make a YouTube video on a future road trip north of Winnipeg!

I just checked the Plugshare map and there are many more level 2 chargers than there used to be, so the situation has improved. Still however I estimate that 3/4 of the parts of Manitoba where there are roads are not within range of a public charger.
I made a trip to Baldy Mountain, the highest point in Manitoba, in July 2022. I nearly got stranded up at the mountain in a quasi life-threatening situation, but it was not related to my battery or SOC.

This was back before the superchargers opened along the Yellowhead so IIRC I did a range charge at Whitewood, SK, drove up to Baldy, then stopped at a Flo charger in Dauphin on the way to Portage-la-Prairie where I stayed for the night. High pointing is a strange hobby, even stranger when trying to do it in an EV. And that was definitely one of my strangest expeditions!

Reactions: XHabjab and Andy O
Yes it's shocking that the City of Vancouver with the highest condo concentration and likely the most EV's by number in BC, and only an old V1 Supercharger and V2 Superchargers in expensive pay garages in Downtown, that's sad! Can't believe Tesla cannot build even 1 Supercharger in VanCity in almost 10 years.
There isn't much choice... There is no free or cheap parking in downtown Vancouver so they will always be in some sort of pay parkade unless you expect Tesla to foot the bill (which would be passed on). Space is at a premium in busy downtowns so that's the reality.

Reactions: bolero
There isn't much choice... There is no free or cheap parking in downtown Vancouver so they will always be in some sort of pay parkade unless you expect Tesla to foot the bill (which would be passed on). Space is at a premium in busy downtowns so that's the reality.

You misread what I said. I never said Downtown Vancouver. I said City of Vancouver. Downtown already has 2 old Supercharger locations in underground pay garages.

City of Vancouver on the other hand and unbelievably, has none! Space is not at a premium in VanCity, there are dozens of large parking lots at strip malls and Recreation and Community Centers dotted all around the city. Ideally shopping centers would be attracted to new revenue and secondary revenue, but it would be nice if all Municipalities across the Province would team up with Tesla to install Superchargers all City Hall parking lots, Community Centers and even street parking.

Well looks like Elon is slowing/stopping supercharger expansion, so don't hold your breath for the sites that aren't open yet.
I'm betting that the ones under construction will open but perhaps later than had been expected. Those would be North Vancouver, Richmond, Delta, Langley, Abbotsford and McBride in BC; Kananaskis, Whitecourt and Valleyview in AB.

Considering the entire Supercharging team was fired with no notice — a particularly harsh move by Elon — don’t expect the Supercharger map to be updated for accuracy. Elon is creating a crisis to make the Tesla board feel he is indispensable and his pay package should be reinstated. My perspective is that he is in fact demonstrating increasingly erratic behavior and should be dispensed with.

I am planning a drive in my long range Tesla from Spokane WA to Golden BC as part of a Banff road trip. The distance per Google Maps is 338 miles with a supercharger at Cranbrook BC right about the midpoint. Third party route planners (e.g. ABRP) suggest this route for me. Tesla's own "Find us" site shows Cranbrook BC supercharger location as operational. But Tesla's "Go Anywhere" web page routes me through Kelowna, BC supercharging stop that adds 110 miles and 3 full hours to the trip. If I explicitly add the Cranbrook supercharger stop on my preferred and shorter route, the Tesla Go Anywhere web page says "We're working on getting you there. View supercharger locations coming soon", seemingly suggesting that Cranbrook location (which has been operational for a couple of years as I see on the Internet) is "coming soon". Do you know / can you guess what the reason might be?

I am planning a drive in my long range Tesla from Spokane WA to Golden BC as part of a Banff road trip. The distance per Google Maps is 338 miles with a supercharger at Cranbrook BC right about the midpoint. Third party route planners (e.g. ABRP) suggest this route for me. Tesla's own "Find us" site shows Cranbrook BC supercharger location as operational. But Tesla's "Go Anywhere" web page routes me through Kelowna, BC supercharging stop that adds 110 miles and 3 full hours to the trip. If I explicitly add the Cranbrook supercharger stop on my preferred and shorter route, the Tesla Go Anywhere web page says "We're working on getting you there. View supercharger locations coming soon", seemingly suggesting that Cranbrook location (which has been operational for a couple of years as I see on the Internet) is "coming soon". Do you know / can you guess what the reason might be?
No idea. But there are a number of similar length routes to get there. But if it was me I would go thru the kootenays. Cranbrook, Invermere, Golden. Kelowna would be way out of the way. Are you going that route to see the sites? If so it’s a beautiful route but longer.

There are tons of DC fast chargers thru that route but you would want to have a CCS or Chademo adapter for many of them. Most are FLO or BC hydro. Super reliable albeit many are 50 kw or 100 kw.

Let me know if I can help.

supercharge.info indicates it's operational.

Plugshare indicates it's up. Most recent logged charge was March 7/24 and it was operational then. A few users last year commented there that it failed to show in their Nav screen, but was fully operational. That's likely what you're noticing.

The Find Us | Tesla page doesn't indicate anything is wrong with it.

There's nothing on the Cranbrook Supercharger thread here to indicate there's anything wrong with it.

Those are my goto resources should I ever have a concern about a Supercharger's status. You'll likely get your answer quicker there than waiting for someone here to reply, although it is possible the data on those sites may be a bit dated and someone might notice your query and give you more up to date information.

Reactions: navguy12
I always see what the navigation in the car says first - never let me down yet

Reactions: navguy12
Thanks for all the helpful info. It is a relief to know that the Cranbrook supercharger is functional.

@Webeevdrivers - I should have said in my original post that I am going from Spokane WA to Golden BC as part of "Canadian Rockies" road trip instead of "Banff" road trip. I am staying in Golden for a week and hiking at Yoho, Kootenay and Banff national parks. I realize that itself is too much to do in a week but there's a temptation to see Jasper also during that week.

Google Maps shows the best route to get from Spokane to Golden as going through Hwy 95 into Canada/Cranbrook and Hwy 93 into Golden.

I have a long range vehicle and the place in Golden I am staying in has a L2 charger, so I will be starting every morning with full capacity. I have all the usual Tesla-supplied connectors and the J1772 adapter. Is it worth renting a CCS or CHAdeMO adapter? If so, which one? Thanks.

Reactions: Webeevdrivers
Thanks for all the helpful info. It is a relief to know that the Cranbrook supercharger is functional.

@Webeevdrivers - I should have said in my original post that I am going from Spokane WA to Golden BC as part of "Canadian Rockies" road trip instead of "Banff" road trip. I am staying in Golden for a week and hiking at Yoho, Kootenay and Banff national parks. I realize that itself is too much to do in a week but there's a temptation to see Jasper also during that week.

Google Maps shows the best route to get from Spokane to Golden as going through Hwy 95 into Canada/Cranbrook and Hwy 93 into Golden.

I have a long range vehicle and the place in Golden I am staying in has a L2 charger, so I will be starting every morning with full capacity. I have all the usual Tesla-supplied connectors and the J1772 adapter. Is it worth renting a CCS or CHAdeMO adapter? If so, which one? Thanks.
If your car is CCS ready get a CCS adapter. Otherwise the Chademo is fine albeit max 50 KW. We have both.

There are tons of CCS and Chademo chargers all thru this mountains including one at the visitors centre in Yoho at field. We have used them all at some point over the last 4 years.

We camped and hike for a week in Yoho last August. You’ll love it.

53129378271_ab7cf0e684_c.jpg