Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what 2nd SUV do you own right now that complement with model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently I am driving model 3 SR+ and wife is driving 2013 mercedes ml350 suv. I was hoping Merc suv can last until trimotor Cybertruck on the market. But Merc is starting to show its age and giving us small mechanical problems and cost of maintenance starts to add up.

Just wondering what SUV would complement well with model 3 SR+ ?

I don't have kids yet but expect one in 2 years.

I wouldnt say it compliments the 3 in any way but ive always had good luck with 00-06 GM SUVs For a spare vehicle for weekend projects or running the dogs to the vet. Cheap to repair and tend to hold up well if taken care of. I would go for the longer versions Suburban, Yukon XL, Escalade ESV. I miss the extra space in the suburban.

Reactions: pl8dlikafiddle
We have an Audi Q7 in the garage that we almost never use cause the driving and Nav experience is so appalling. It was a super cheap trade in for the ‘dirty diesel’ 2012 VW Touareg TDI that we bought thinking it was the most environmentally friendly AWD when our Model S was only RWD. Can’t wait for the Cybertruck - tho do need to get thru our Covid recession first. Since our Model 3 is AWD we mostly use it for going to the snowy mountains.

We have a ‘14 Pilot. Aside from being a gas car, it’s a perfect complement to our 3 and quite utilitarian. It has been spacious for kids, the occasional need to transport 8 adults, and excellent for hauling since it’s basically a box on wheels unlike late models (fits 48” between the wheel wells if you need to haul plywood/drywall). I’ve wanted to replace it with a Model X but the truth is functionally that would be a downgrade. I think Cybertruck is the only vehicle that will be able to serve all the functions the Pilot does for us. At the same time I loathe driving it because well, y’know.

Currently I am driving model 3 SR+ and wife is driving 2013 mercedes ml350 suv. I was hoping Merc suv can last until trimotor Cybertruck on the market. But Merc is starting to show its age and giving us small mechanical problems and cost of maintenance starts to add up.

Just wondering what SUV would complement well with model 3 SR+ ?

I don't have kids yet but expect one in 2 years.

More than words....

20200406_211105.jpg
20200607_184857.jpg

Reactions: KG M3
2008 Toyota 4runner, had it for 10 yrs, been rock solid reliable.
Combined with utility trailer and 4 wheel drive allows hauling stuff the 3 can't and drive in snowy salt treated roads when the 3 can sit in garage plugged in and happy.
Model 3 driving experience is superior in every way and in near future when downsize my lifestyle and 4runner is gone, I can't see owning another ice again.