Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What accessories are people buying?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read on other threads that people have been disappointed with window tinting that reacts to the rear window and gives a purplish color. Have you guys experienced that? And would you say the rear window shade would accomplish the same thing as a rear window tint in terms of controlling heat from the sun?

I have not experienced that with my tint, the rear hatch screen would probably be good enough for a sunblock and being as I have that plus 30% tint it makes the rear view mirror almost useless but that does not matter to me as I always have the rear camera on for seeing behind me.

Reactions: RobW2428
I've read on other threads that people have been disappointed with window tinting that reacts to the rear window and gives a purplish color. Have you guys experienced that? And would you say the rear window shade would accomplish the same thing as a rear window tint in terms of controlling heat from the sun?

The color depends on the brand of tint and many high end tints are warrantied against purpling. Be careful if you go this route as I've been pulled over for leaving sunshades in my rear side windows before.

Which weather mats did you get/ from where? Thank you!

So, which set of all-season mats are best for the Model S?

The Tesla all season weather mats are actually weather tech mats but with the nice OEM Tesla labeling on them. They have been recently redesigned with a higher footwell. I'm really happy with them.

The all weather mats were back in stock on Thursday (I kept checking) and sounds like they burned through their supply pretty quickly if they are out of stock again. I checked the site on the advice of the service centre and sonif you are still looking I would just check everyday.

The service centre in Vancouver did have an order in and so when they get their supply and clear their wait list they could have some supply left over.

I got the Tesla all weather mats to "kid proof" the car. Unfortunately the rear mat has bent in the corners due to being stepped on repeatedly by little feet.

Another thing for the kiddies is a kick mat to protect the back of your front seats.

I also bought the (Topfit) sunroof shade from Amazon, quality is on par with OEM in my opinion.

Last "kid proof" measure was a glass screen protector for the main screen. Again from Amazon and by the same seller mentioned above.

If your state requires a front license plate, get The Law from Torklift Central. It's a front license plate bracket that doesn't require drilling.

The latest thing I got was ceramic tinting. I live in Southern California, so it's a must-have.

BBB4000 said:
Thanks! Any idea roughly how much people are paying to get something like Xpel installed? I have a Pearl White MS on order. Is it necessary for white as well?

I installed Xpel on the entire front of the car (everything in front of the doors: bumper, entire hood, front fenders up to the door, rearview mirrors, support between the windshield and the window of the front door). I also covered the thresholds to all four doors and the back hatch. This cost $1800. I do not recommend coverage of half of the hood. Dirt will collect along the seam. When you cover the entire hood, the edge are curled underneath and are not visible.

The day after installation, a small number of tiny buckles appeared the edges of some extremely curved surfaces (such as the rearview mirrors). I contacted my installer. He came to my home and resolved the buckles at no charge.

The quality of the final result depends on the quality of the installer. Find the best, not the cheapest.

- 12v 2 prong trailer connector under the 17" screen. This is always on, and capable of up to 30A. I have many accessories that can connect to this depending on the situation, from extra cigarette outlets to a power cooler, or my amateur radios among others.

Hey Green, what did you connect the other end to, to supply the power?

(Can't go look at my car, since I don't have one yet. :) )

1. Stinger radar detector (front+back) and laser jammer system
  2. Blackvue dashcam (front+rear)
  3. ChaDeMo adapter
  4. Few other adapters (like the 20A 110V one)
  5. Charging networks cards, signed up for free or nominal fee in case I ever needed to connect to Chargepoint, Blink, etc.
  6. Nema 14-50 extension cord
  7. Tire inflator/sealer kit
  8. Led lighting for rear license plate
  9. LED lighting for trunk ($8 for 4 ultra bright LED modules, but 2 on each side under the shelf)
  10. Two collapsible plastic crates for the trunk - organizes the trunk for shopping bags and such, and can be collapsed when needed.
  11. High power 12V to USB charger (plugging in my phone to charge from car's USB sometimes made my big screen unstable).