Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Am I Doing Wrong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys, it’s grafting now after I deleted everything including the app and set it all up again

Whilst ya all here, now I have the following issues

Sentry Mode is greyed out in the car, asking me to save home address first, can’t see where or how I do this though. Plugged in SSD and dash am etc is fine, just no sentry.

Is the visualisations of passing cars etc just for FSD? I’m not getting anything like that.

"NOTE: To set up your Home location, touch
Navigate and hold down Home, then enter
your address. Touch Save as Home."

Please read the manual from start to finish Tesla Owners manual or guide and instructions for use

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Done 15 miles, not a lot I know
When calibration does complete, make sure the visualisations are activated for your driver profile not just the easy entry profile. That confused me when I first got the car, some settings seem irrelevant to the easy entry profile and if you're sat with the car in park configuring your settings it's an easy mistake to make.

My windscreen was replaced by Tesla a few weeks back and the 14 mile trip across London wasn’t enough to compete recalibration (it was almost 100%).

I ended up taking it for a drive down the A3, in the middle lane, with well marked white lines on either side, and about 5 miles down the A3 it completed calibration.

Definitely DO NOT need iPhone unlocked/out of pocket/app running in background for auto unlock to work as suggested by others.

as long as your logged into the app (the app can be closed after), location services and background refresh on, it’ll work. Remember to link phone to driver profile too, so one less step. Enable easy entry too especially if the car is shared. Each passenger can have their phone linked to profile, although this can be an issue in UK (if both phones are present) due to the antenna being in the passenger door mirror.

sometime a reboot of phone and car will solve this issue too, especially if you’ve just received your first car update.

always reboot after an update to limit issues like this.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Definitely DO NOT need iPhone unlocked/out of pocket/app running in background for auto unlock to work as suggested by others.

as long as your logged into the app (the app can be closed after), location services and background refresh on, it’ll work. Remember to link phone to driver profile too, so one less step. Enable easy entry too especially if the car is shared. Each passenger can have their phone linked to profile, although this can be an issue in UK (if both phones are present) due to the antenna being in the passenger door mirror.

sometime a reboot of phone and car will solve this issue too, especially if you’ve just received your first car update.

always reboot after an update to limit issues like this.
Haven’t got the Mrs added just yet but will defo follow your steps

Reactions: CMc1
Nope, back to completely ignoring me now as I stand there like an idiot trying to open the door.

Car was “awake” and app was running in background. Checked ALL settings in app, background refresh etc all on, location on etc etc.

Read somewhere that it won’t work if phone is in back pocket (ridiculous but the way) but a few have said that.

Noticed that the address for my home is wrong in the app. It’s the right street but wrong number. Can’t find a way to manually edit this
Can you just type in the first line of your address?

There's a specific oddity I find with Tesla's nav which is that using postcode is generally a bad idea. It often finds the right street but I think it's only using the first half of postcode (or possibly first half plus first number). Which means it often plonks you in the wrong place.

So my method when using nav for a new destination is always to type in the road inc. number - e.g. 123 Church Drive instead of the postcode, unless it's taking you to an actual specific named place.

Noticed that the address for my home is wrong in the app. It’s the right street but wrong number. Can’t find a way to manually edit this
Do you mean under LOCATION on the main page? I think this is where the app 'estimates' your car to be located based on its GPS position. Mine is wrong (i.e. next door), even though on the satellite imagery map it is on our drive. I assume the address is from Google (?) data and that can be out by a house or two.

Do you mean under LOCATION on the main page? I think this is where the app 'estimates' your car to be located based on its GPS position. Mine is wrong (i.e. next door), even though on the satellite imagery map it is on our drive. I assume the address is from Google (?) data and that can be out by a house or two.
Yes mate main page

Yeh it says the car is 2 doors down. Know it’s not a huge deal. Just trying to work out why this iPhone key business is rubbish