Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What brand/car did your Tesla replace?

What brand/car did your Tesla replace?

• BMW

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • Audi/VW

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • Mercedes

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Jaguar

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Land Rover/Range Rover

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Lexus

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Alfa Romeo

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • High performance sports car brand (ie Porsche, Ferrari)

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other brand Internal Combustion car

Votes: 43 25.9%
  • Other brand Electric car

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Hybrid car

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • I am thinking of switching to a Tesla and cast my vote above....

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Drew57

Active ember
Apr 4, 2020
Cheshire UK
Seeing increasing numbers of Model 3s driving around, I thought it might be interesting to see what are the most common car types Tesla owners have switched from.
  • If you feel like joining in, please vote against the car you considered as your main vehicle before the Tesla.
  • For those considering a Tesla there is a vote option & you can also place a second vote within the other categories based on your current car.
  • The poll only gives me twelve choice options so apologies that many brands are missing or if I have omitted something obvious. Feel free to comment or flame me as appropriate!

(I've owned various ICE cars and hybrids, my Tesla replaces a Range Rover).

Bit specific list there and then catch all 100 plus other bands in other not cool.

I'd have done it with high performance low performance and suv maybe and skip the German 3

That's the issue I faced with only a dozen poll options! I was originally going to have 12 brands but realised it needs to somehow allow for all

I based it both on people I know who drive Teslas & the price point, I'm interested in the specific brands & couldn't include 100 plus....

Might be useful if responses include the brand if it's not included.

Last edited:
Reactions: stonecoldrmw
Bugatti Veyron, it felt sluggish and out dated inside compared to the M3..:rolleyes:

Really had a Company car, Ford Focus (BIK Tax was getting heavy) - The M3 is working out cheaper with car allowance or the selection of company cars to choose from (RAV 4 was the cheapest on tax)

• Funny
Reactions: Keeper
MS replaced a diesel Range Rover back in 2014. Back then no one even knew what they were. On my second MS now.

Interesting to see the choices put up in the poll. FWIW, in current form, all Tesla’s are way too heavy to be a replacement for a performance car.
Even now I would say most people still don't know, where I live in the sticks. All boys between the age of 12 and 17 know exactly what it is, and to be fair most of the girls as well but everyone else not so much. The most common question I get is "what is it" with the follow up of "what fully electric? no engine at all?".