Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What changes to production Cybertruck ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since it is an EV vehicle and likely will be charged overnight at home; it would be nice to not make the Cybertruck too long, so it could be parked inside most garages and parking spaces, for charging.

It is an expensive truck and it is eye-catching. It does not have an ICE engine in the front, no reason to make it just 'too long' that it cannot fit inside most garages and parking spaces. It will open up the sales to more buyers.

illegal, not street legal, are we really bent out of shape over a word here?

The Ford Raptor has to abide by the 80inch regulations because of the fender flares.

As for the wheels, regulations are pretty simple. The width that touches the road must be 100% covered by the flare, in the other thread, we were discussing Washington state...

Additional for washington state: (7) Fenders: All wheels of a motor vehicle must be equipped with fenders designed to cover the entire tire tread width that comes in contact with the road surface.

FWIW, the necessary fender flare I drew in would make the vehicle well beyond 80in

You are looking at an angled picture to determine the fenders protrude far enough. If you look at images from different angles, you can see the fenders clear the tires. The best images are from when they were loading the ATV and had the truck lowered.

Cybertruck_Unveil_32.jpg

Cybertruck-reveal-webcast-Tesla-ATV-1.jpg

You are looking at an angled picture to determine the fenders protrude far enough. If you look at images from different angles, you can see the fenders clear the tires. The best images are from when they were loading the ATV and had the truck lowered.

Cybertruck_Unveil_32.jpg

Cybertruck-reveal-webcast-Tesla-ATV-1.jpg
Great shots. I've been noticing every Jerp on the road with th he same configuration. Doesnt seem like a change will be necessary at all

Since it is an EV vehicle and likely will be charged overnight at home; it would be nice to not make the Cybertruck too long, so it could be parked inside most garages and parking spaces, for charging.

It is an expensive truck and it is eye-catching. It does not have an ICE engine in the front, no reason to make it just 'too long' that it cannot fit inside most garages and parking spaces. It will open up the sales to more buyers.
It fits in any standard 20x20 garage (assumes said garage is not filled with junk). Also it needed to have the same capacity as an F150, hence the same length.

Reactions: Electruck
The truck has 'cood design bones' IMO. Style is subjective and those who like or dislike...well they are both right.

I will be adding graphics / wrap for advertising my business and the flat angular surfaces are BONUS!

Personally, I love the fact it's stainless base silver. Easy to keep clean (I live in Canada - so salt on snowy roads from Nov to April makes all cars look dirty for 6 months of the year. Further live on a dirt road and well...who bothers to wash a car in the country!! LOL

Adding towing mirrors will help for the trailer. I assume they'll have to deal with he bumber thing? I hope not. As FreqFLyer says, it would be a nice idea of addressing the bulky wheel wells and streamling it. If it doesn't change, so what...I love the techno-futuristic-utilitarian look of it. I just can't wait to get my trucks!

I think this is probably the easiest vehicle in years to photoshop

I don’t think they’ll flatten the top either

I wonder if his tweet about a smaller version would just mean chopping off the rear end by a foot to satisfy those who want a shorter version, can anyone can photoshop that, lol

Nobody has mentioned the seats. Do all Teslas have non-adjustable headrests? Seems like they would be uncomfortable for the majority of occupants who are not the optimum design height.

I hate the new 'anti-whiplash' headrests that hurt my neck by pushing my head forward too far. This was in a Chevy Traverse I rented and in a Ford Escape.