Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What data do we want posted on Model 3's sold without an NDA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

iwannam3

Aug 8, 2016
Washington
  • Vin number with the tens and one digits as Xs for your security. 5YJ3E1EAXHF####XX
  • Date and time of reservation.
  • State or Country when registered.
  • S or X owner?
  • Tesla or Space X employee?
  • Date you were invited to configure.
  • Date ordered.
  • Build start date.
  • Delivery date.
  • Small or large battery?
  • Color.
  • Options.
Any other items of interest to the group?

Far more important to me than any of what you posted is how it drives/functions compared to the car they are replacing and what that car is.
Yes! I'd really like a detailed comparison between a 3 and an Acura ILX! I know that the overall result will be "3 blows the ILX out of the water", but details like size, ride/seating comfort, and how well 2 car seats fit in the backseat are of uber interest to me.

Don't really care about any of that, maybe the bottom four for curiosity value.

Timelapse video of car supercharging from 10% -90%.
Videos of UI and other interior details that haven't already been well covered. (non-premium interior and seat adjustments etc.)
Details of squeaks and rattles, and how long they took to rectify them.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
I'm interested in when I'm going to get the car by comparing my sign up time and location with vehicles released. There will be plenty of you tube videos on all aspects of the car. I'm sure they won't affect my purchase decision. A sales tax rebate is set to expire in Washington so I am very interested in when I can purchase it.

Far more important to me than any of what you posted is how it drives/functions compared to the car they are replacing and what that car is.

This. And features about the car that aren't listed or aren't clear on Tesla's webpage. A perfect example is that detail about the weird vent in the rear deck shelf. Buttons and levers and how to operate different features. Especially compared to whatever car they're replacing.

Honestly, once you get to the non-NDA cars, I could care less whether you're an employee or not, etc. Probably don't even care about the every VIN. I'm sure there will be a request for a VIN every now and then and often enough for people to get a handle on the rate of production, but I really don't care about the VIN on every car by that point in time. For the real customer cars, I'm more interested in in-depth reviews and descriptions of the car itself, not when I'll get mine. Periodic updates for timeline is good enough for me.

I don`t care about the bureaucratic information...all I`m interested in is how good or bad the car actually is....I want a thorough technical review.

I´m especially interested if Tesla managed to get the build quality on par with the price this time...as great as the drivetrain may feel in the ms and mx..the rest of the cars doesn`t even get close to what other 100k cars offer.

I don`t care about the bureaucratic information...all I`m interested in is how good or bad the car actually is....I want a thorough technical review.

I´m especially interested if Tesla managed to get the build quality on par with the price this time...as great as the drivetrain may feel in the ms and mx..the rest of the cars doesn`t even get close to what other 100k cars offer.

Just think of it like an Italian car. People traditionally take the bad build quality/engineering of Italian cars because of the exterior design and the sound of the drivetrain. It's not for everyone, but it appeals to some. Just take the tech and green of the Tesla in exchange for the poor build quality. Cuz even at the Model 3 level, I bet a Toyota Corolla will be built better. But not necessarily an Alfa Romeo.