Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you look at other than the 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an aging VW Golf spewing out diesel fumes (though I do keep it well serviced) and wanted an EV with > 200 miles range. This ruled out most, but looked at Hyundi KAUAI (that's it name in EU) and the new longer range Nissan Leaf+. The SR+ costs an extra 15-20% over here, but I feel design (I find the other 2 totally uninspiring), Autopilot (appears a lot more capable), OTA updates (essential with this sort of technology) and Supercharging availability (for longer journeys) swing it. Didn't test drive any of them, but a friend has the current Leaf, which seems OK, but really nothing special. I explored an M3 in the showroom and was very impressed, also checked a random one in the street for the quality issues and it seemed very good from the outside. So I ordered an SR+ in blue in mid-April and waiting (inpatiently) for news of when it will arrive...

BMW 530e which when loaded up is on par with the P3D here in Finland. As my Tesla is still not delivered and considering the latest news of extreme cost cutting from Tesla, massive issues with people who are waiting to get their cars serviced, the upcoming "paint-gate" for cold climate cars where the paint peels away from the car due to PPF and mud guards missing, I might actually cancel my order completely and go with PHEV for my next car.

In the last say 10-15 years I have been a loyal and happy KIA owner. I had I think 3 of them.... I really liked the OPTIMAS... I should have never traded my Hybrid a long time ago...but I wanted one that was tricked out. That is the one I sold to get my Model 3... The ONLY other car I considered was the KIA STINGER because it has some of the EAP features. BUT the backseat was TINY and the visibility in my opinion was not very good. I was sad to sell my KIA... it really was a good car and at 6 years old it still looked brand new. I do miss my chilled seats on occasion.

I'd been wanting an electric car for over ten years but the Model S is too big and expensive for my tastes. When Model 3 was announced I put my money down on the first day. Waited patiently for the dual motor version for teo years, then when they announced P3D I knew it was time to buy. My dream car has long been an electric sports car. I finally got it last September.

Reactions: alexGS
Ah, well while in the reservation line for the 3 I drove a new Bolt and even tried to buy one. The sleazy dealership however would only honor their online price if I purchased an extended warranty and/or took a loan or lease from them. Wasn't going to happen. After that I knew I would never look at or buy a POS Chevy and I'm very sorry my tax dollars helped bail them out during the recession. I also looked at, and eventually bought a Model S to hold me over for a year or two. But when I jumped over more than a half million Model 3 reservation holders (go ahead haters, hate!) because of that purchase and was allowed to configure an early 2018 Model 3 I went for it! Wife said I couldn't keep them both so I sold the S.

Reactions: UTMB
I test drove a used 2016 Porsche Cayman S with PDK and loved it. Dealer said after 10-15 hole shots in launch mode it will need to be serviced to the tune of $1500......My heart stopped. Started looking hard at the model 3 performance and decided to try it. Man I love this car. I love giving friends a ride and then punching it when they don’t expect it. Just freaking awesome! So worth it. Really like the audio system in my car as well.