Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you guys think is a fair price for this pre-owned 2014 S85?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First real post on here, so hopefully I'm doing it correctly.

I placed my reservation for the Model 3, but don't know if I can wait that long, so I'm looking at a pre owned Model S.

What would you pay for it?

2014 S85
56,500 miles
Multi coat red
Black standard leather
Tech pkg
19" cyclones
Parking sensors

Drivetrain was replaced at 41k miles.

If I could get it for less than $50k, would it be worth it?

Thanks for any input or advice in advance,
Brandon

There is little data out there on owning a high miles Tesla w/o a warranty. I think it's hard for anyone to predict what will happen. If you approach it as an adventure (and you either are well capitalized or have alternative means of transportation), I think it will be okay.

It is equivalent performance-wise to a brand new 70 (which is $62k after tax credit) except that it has slightly more range (265 mi vs 230 mi). New 70 has slightly better economy so the difference in range is less than you'd expect for a 70 vs 85.
It is likely that it does not have any autopilot hardware. (In a 2014, tech package does not mean autopilot, it means all sorts of bells and whistles like vanity LED lights which you don't care for.)

Our car is about the same except for the leather seats and we have 29,000 miles. Tesla offered us $50,800 for a trade in, so I believe they are probably trying for $60,000. We did opticoat and have full bra on hood and other areas. I would look at CPO on their website too. Last I checked, I couldn't find much. Most were inventory cars and they were higher. I just mention the value we've been offered so you have a ballpark idea. Good luck.