Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you use more? Trunk/Frunk

What do you use more?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Living in the Bay, I rarely use the trunk as my rear seats are folded down 90% of the time. If I need to carry things while I'm away from the car, it's going in the frunk. Otherwise, I just use my passenger footwell as storage space for my trip.

I use the trunk 99% of the time vs. the frunk simply because I feel like I'm gonna bend that flimsy metal every time I close the frunk.

Yup.

I've opened the frunk exactly twice since delivery day- once to put the all weather mat in, and once because I was showing the car to someone and they specifically asked to see it.

I mean, I'd use it if I really needed to... but I haven't run out of space putting things in the trunk yet, and don't have to worry about breaking the car when using it either.

Same here, I feel little stuff like this is lost. Why is it so flimsy and almost unusable or at least it makes us feel that way.

For as good as Tesla is. And we all love our Teslas don't get me wrong. However, I feel like they have a lot of shortcoming to overcome come. I hope the competition on the horizon pushes them to up the build quality a bit.

• Funny
Reactions: UTMB
Our charger is on the back wall, so
I back my M3 into my garage, as far as I can. Therefore, it's not convenient to open the trunk. But I installed the Tesla all-weather mat in the boot, so I can take home stuff from the nursery and carry spray equipment to our property. Lunch, clothing, groceries, files, laptop and drives go in the front trunk.

I've never needed to use the frunk. The trunk is huge, and the floor well allows for some much extra storage, especially anything you don't want to move around. I got the EVannex trunk organizer (dividers can be removed or moved to change size).

D313605F-CE02-444B-B74E-D6E42E2A64D7.jpg
fullsizeoutput_106a.jpeg