Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens if you don't grab the wheel during autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the car is going to stop, it needs to engage the brake lights, not just the hazards. People drive in the highway with their hazards on but other drivers can't tell they are stopped until the last second. I have seen it before and it was dangerous. Brake lights would be MUCH safer.

In the posted video it does show the brake lights being on when the vehicle is stopped.

So, I've had my 85D for all of 24 hours now. It's told me to hold the wheel a couple of times, and at least once I put my hands on the wheel and it still kept telling me to hold the wheel. Is there a specific place you're supposed to hold it, or are you supposed to steer a little bit, or what?
Just give it a little love tap. Slight turn. If you fail to do this ^^^ You will see what happens eventually. If you fail to heed initially but resume, it will just cancel autopilot for the rest of your trip. You can still use cruise control however. Happy driving