Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you done to your Y lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also came from Multiple Jeeps my last one a 2019 Rubicon on 37's that I have spent ungodly amounts of money on. Getting the Wall charger installed on my house has been the costliest addition for the Tesla so far. I have done a good amount so far, 3m Crystalline window tint, full mud flaps, glass screen protector, console trays, mobile connector, full floor mat set, sunshade, cupholder thing, rear fender Tesla ppf pieces. Was considering doing full front PPF but couldn't justify spending min $1600 and was worried about seeing lines and edges and such. I keep it coated and always do a good spray ceramic after every wash so hopefully it stays pretty nice. I know ill get some chips here and there and picked up some of the Tesla touch up paint. I am kinda OCD but I know even if I got the front PPF I could get chips on other places and def not spending 6-8k for full car PPF. So will just enjoy the ride!
I might go old school with Lebra/ Covercraft if it ever becomes available. It will be nice to have during road trips.

Ohhhh me likey! Let us now how it goes.

Applied them tonight. They come as a self adhesive flexible plastic piece that covers the entire outer flat surface of the door pulls.

Install is trivial. Looks decent. Not super bright at night, but adds a bit of style and slight help finding where to press in the dark.

They're not expensive so it's a good value imo

Attachments

• PXL_20230311_062243084.jpg
    PXL_20230311_062243084.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 334
  • PXL_20230311_062312782.jpg
    PXL_20230311_062312782.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 247
Reactions: justlikeyours
Applied them tonight. They come as a self adhesive flexible plastic piece that covers the entire outer flat surface of the door pulls.

Install is trivial. Looks decent. Not super bright at night, but adds a bit of style and slight help finding where to press in the dark.

They're not expensive so it's a good value imo

Install note: Make sure to lay them down smoothly from one end to the other to avoid wrinkles

Installed a Nema 14-50 in our house in NY. We only had the Juicebox in PA (we are between both states each week). I haven't taken the car back to NY yet.

I bought the covers for the rear floor vents this week.

From my last MYP, we have an awesome bed, a plug in cooler, a thing to heat food (never used it) and a frunk mat that I never use.

Last edited:
Reactions: SO16
Stuff I've added to my 2022 Model Y Performance:
1) Converted front USB-C ports to support data & power rather than just data (applies to 2022+ model years). I used the TesPlus (formerly known as T-Parts) module. But also bought OEM module from Tesla after they started selling in USA. There are threads within model Y subform about this.

2) Added "Tesla Android Project" - CarPlay & native Android OS Apps such as Apple music (lossless apple media codec with no bluetooth), playback FLAC audio, ogg, mp3 via VLC or other apps. Watch video files using VLC.

3) Hansshow 9" Linux based instrument cluster which also provides Apple CarPlay & Android Auto. I no longer use this for CarPlay purposes.

4) Full body PPF.

6) Bike rack for my tow hitch.

7) Game controllers & USB-C stick for playing back music in Flac, mp3,etc via USB-C & Tesla infotainment.

8) Mud flaps are still in garage. Gotta do that.

Stuff I've added to my 2022 Model Y Performance:
1) Converted front USB-C ports to support data & power rather than just data (applies to 2022+ model years). I used the TesPlus (formerly known as T-Parts) module. But also bought OEM module from Tesla after they started selling in USA. There are threads within model Y subform about this.
Can you share the P/N for the OEM Tesla data module?
Is the OEM one better than Tparts or other 3rd party module?
How much is the OEM module?

@ElectricAnt54 As you know I am using the T2C Carlinkit unit which works pretty well - I have also ordered this 9” Hansshow CarPlay unit too (not arrived yet) to try it out. What led you to stop using the 9” model - was it just the Pi project or did you have specific issues?
Main reason was I wanted the larger CarPlay gui (in infotainment). I also liked that my kids could see the screen better which helps them learn what music they liked.

Reactions: Mandingo
I should have ordered it from the factory but I ended up just installing it myself. I didn't bother with a trailer wiring harness since its just going to be for bikes.
Thanks for that....my M3 (I know it’s an MY thread😜) was ordered with a towbar...but was delivered during the great chip shortage of ‘21...and Tesla told me that there wasn’t enough chips to install a towbar...so accept the car or wait.
It would be nice if I could install one (if I am feeling brave)...what brand do you recommend ?

Thanks for that....my M3 (I know it’s an MY thread😜) was ordered with a towbar...but was delivered during the great chip shortage of ‘21...and Tesla told me that there wasn’t enough chips to install a towbar...so accept the car or wait.
It would be nice if I could install one (if I am feeling brave)...what brand do you recommend ?
I just went with a Chinese amazon version as there were very few options. For the model 3 it looks like you could get a Curt or Drawtight which are well know brands.

Reactions: Bouba