Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you done to your Y lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what do these changes help with?
Looks I am guessing.

I wasted some money on some new lug nuts

lugs.jpg

Reactions: bastrd_steve
That one sounds really good. I’d like backlighting that comes on when the car detects your phone but after market would be big wiring hassle, right? or could it be done with the CAN bus dongle and bluetooth?

The ones I got are passive - very faint glow-in-the-dark self-adhesive strips. No wiring required (which would be brighter and cooler, but more work)

Reactions: tevman
Auto-Dimming on the side mirror is to reduce the amount of light coming from behind, so you don't get blinded by the light. Wide angle and blue tint do not do anything to mitigate that.
Hmmm, reducing glare and minimizing the amount of white light reflected at you isn't the same as dimming? Weird. It's almost like sunglasses are just glasses, but with no dimming feature.

Not a huge change but it's noticeable. I have them set around the middle firmness right now (8 front, 12 rear) and it's about 20-30% better. Need to put on more mileage before messing with it
@after-dark

Do you think you would go stiffer or softer? I’m getting my EnduraPro + H&R springs installed tomorrow and thinking about going 8 in front and 10 in rear (clicks from the stiffest that is)

@after-dark

Do you think you would go stiffer or softer? I’m getting my EnduraPro + H&R springs installed tomorrow and thinking about going 8 in front and 10 in rear (clicks from the stiffest that is)

I'm at 12 clicks from hard on the front and 10 on the rear and I get a softer more compliant ride with still feeling sporty. I started at 10 and 8 from hard and felt while it absorbed bumps well, I wanted a tighter feeling ride.

I'm at 12 clicks from hard on the front and 10 on the rear and I get a softer more compliant ride with still feeling sporty. I started at 10 and 8 from hard and felt while it absorbed bumps well, I wanted a tighter feeling ride.

You’re saying your rotated counter clockwise 12 and 10 clicks away from hard? So you are only 4 and 6 additional clicks from being on the softest setting?

That’s interesting- most everything I’ve been hearing - most people have had softer setting in the rear than the front.

I got those glow in the dark handle appliqués several months ago and it was finally warm enough to put them on last week. I wasn’t too sure about how they look but they’re kind of growing on me, so I think I’ll leave them on for a while and see how durable they are.

View attachment 923424
Saw your post and ended up ordering the body color matching stickers for myself. The 3M vinyl is not an exact match (and the vendor is up front about it) but I'm fine with it. Picture of dirty car just after I applied the handle stickers:

Attachments

• IMG_9828.jpeg
    IMG_9828.jpeg
    569.5 KB · Views: 206