Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is best financing rate now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean shady because you’re not really eligible for FedChoice membership? Or you mean shady to apply somewhere only to use it to get a better match somewhere else?

If the latter, who cares, that’s competiton.

If the former, you may not be able to anyway. When you fill out the application it asks for your address (which is obviously also on your credit report), and it may be that if you’re not in one of the zip codes around here, it won’t accept the application or won’t approve it. (I have no idea, just pointing that out.) It also asks for your employer, and it may be that if you don’t indicate you work for the government it won’t accept/approve you. (Again, no idea, just pointing it out.)

the first one, i dont want to lie about being a government employee.

From start to finish, the process ended up taking 4 days.

Applied at Allegacy Monday.
Called Loan Officer Tuesday
Sent documents Tuesday Night that she requested.
Approved Wednesday for Allegacy @ 2.29
Applied to Lightstream Wednesday, they requested documents, sent them over and I was approved at their normal rates.
Thursday, Sent pre-approval letter from Allegacy to Lightstream at 8:45AM, loan terms adjusted by 10:30AM

upload_2018-8-16_10-45-26.png

• Informative
Reactions: SoCalGuy
From start to finish, the process ended up taking 4 days.

Applied at Allegacy Monday.
Called Loan Officer Tuesday
Sent documents Tuesday Night that she requested.
Approved Wednesday for Allegacy @ 2.29
Applied to Lightstream Wednesday, they requested documents, sent them over and I was approved at their normal rates.
Thursday, Sent pre-approval letter from Allegacy to Lightstream at 8:45AM, loan terms adjusted by 10:30AM

View attachment 326244
What documents did they require at Allegacy to approve you?

Most recent 2 paystubs, and copies of my rental property leases.

Lightstream required 1 paystub, bank statements showing I have 50k+ in stocks/bonds/savings (excluding 401k), this was likely because I said I had a large savings on my application, and a copy of my social security card.
Did they require you to have a VIN? I'm trying to lock in a decent rate and get the money from Lightstream before rates go up.

Most recent 2 paystubs, and copies of my rental property leases.

Lightstream required 1 paystub, bank statements showing I have 50k+ in stocks/bonds/savings (excluding 401k), this was likely because I said I had a large savings on my application, and a copy of my social security card.
How long did it take for Lightstream to reach out to you/run your credit after you applied? On their website they say "a couple of hours" but I wonder if it's really that quick!

I just did LightStream today. Application received email at 10:47 am and Approval email at 1:00 pm.

I didn’t have to send any special documentation.

I’ll try to do rate beat now.
Wow that was very quick! Did you have anything unusual in your loan app (eg high savings, alternative/multiple income streams)? I applied about the same time and am still waiting to hear back. Haven't even gotten a credit alert yet so unlikely they've run my credit ;)

Wow that was very quick! Did you have anything unusual in your loan app (eg high savings, alternative/multiple income streams)? I applied about the same time and am still waiting to hear back. Haven't even gotten a credit alert yet so unlikely they've run my credit ;)

No mortgage / rent I guess is unusual, but to my favor.

Decent income, some bonus income, and decent savings. I have an 830+ FICO...

@joshk6656... So you have until 9/14 to sign the loan with Lightstream now, and that interest rate is locked in regardless of whether interest rates go up?

You have 30 days to accept the loan, then 30 days from then to schedule the payment. Mine was approved as unsecured, so I will just deposit the money into my account and start making payments if I run out of time. My delivery timeframe is Aug-October, so I am hoping that is not an issue.

Did they require you to have a VIN? I'm trying to lock in a decent rate and get the money from Lightstream before rates go up.

They did not require a VIN. You likely won't be able to get the money unless you are approved for unsecured.

How long did it take for Lightstream to reach out to you/run your credit after you applied? On their website they say "a couple of hours" but I wonder if it's really that quick!
It really is that quick. I do not have an inquiry on my credit from LightStream yet, but I do from Allegacy (according to credit karma)

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8
You have 30 days to accept the loan, then 30 days from then to schedule the payment. Mine was approved as unsecured, so I will just deposit the money into my account and start making payments if I run out of time. My delivery timeframe is Aug-October, so I am hoping that is not an issue.

My window is Sep-Nov... I am also hoping to go through lighstream if I can get an unsecured loan and deposit it before the rate lock expires even if my car isn't ready. I wonder if they ever verify.