Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is included in the latest software for 2016 AP1/MCU1 cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
For this version - 2019.36.1 - which my downloaded two days ago (2016 AP1/MCU1), what exactly is this for?

Reading the summary of the release notes - 2019.36.1 0164b9a (Software Update) | Teslascope - its obvious there is nothing for an AP1 car.

Is this just bug fixes? Any idea what specific bugs?

I always get so excited when I see a new software update, but there's usually nothing for my car. Having said that, I am perfectly happy if there is no more update for it - I absolutely love it as is right now!

If you have your calendar synced and you have an address associated with your calendar event it will automatically load into your GPS

Uhhmm... no. This isn't what Scheduled Departure is. I believe you're confusing two different features which is understandable since they're both new and related somewhat. The feature you're describing is Automatic Navigation.

Oh, that’s not so great. I thought it was something different. I thought schedule time you want your charging to be completed in accordance with departure time.

You are correct. This is indeed what Scheduled Departure does as a feature. You set it to desired leave time, select every day or weekdays only and begin charging with enough time to have it to your desired SoC by the time you leave and it will precondition your car so it's at temp by the time you leave.

Ok thanks. My excitement is back. I've wanted to see this since I've had my car. No more math when I plug my car in at night.
Agreed. Very useful feature.

Now, if I can get extra picky, I'd like the ability to set up a 7-day program. One of our cars consistently does the same thing every M-F but then it also does the same thing on Saturday but at different times and for a longer drive. It would be nice to have the car ready to go at 50% at 7:00am M-F and then at say 3:00pm on Saturdays to 100%. We do something similar with the other Model S where it's consistent but varies, if that makes sense.

I know that's getting a bit picky but I'm sure I'm not the only one with a regular schedule that varies from day to day. I'll just be happy with the ability to set the M-F deal for now.