Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla doing now concerning the M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's going to be a very frustrating year.

Maybe next time Tesla should take deposits much later than they did this time.

To hold $1K for 2 years is a long time.

Agreed on a very frustrating year. And, I knew that going in.

To keep the $1k for two years in perspective, my credit union pays .15% (yes 15/100ths of 1%) interest on normal savings. So, by giving Tesla my $1,000.00 for 2 years will cost me $3.00 in lost interest earnings. I'm okay with that. I got more than 3 bucks satisfaction when my thanks for the reservation note and Model 3 sketch showed up in the mail.

We can't have our cake and eat it too. When we made our reservations we all knew very well what the timeline would be. In fact, originally it was going to be two MORE years until we had anything definite. I think it's more than a little unfair to all of the sudden expect something to change just because we are getting impatient. We have to put our big boy pants on, suck it up, and realize that we all signed on to a long term project.

Take up painting...or yoga...or Zen meditation maybe.

Dan
LOL - oh yeah.... spend more money ....

Hang on.

*scroll up to my previous post*
*copy it*
*open notepad*
*paste it*
*save it under 'For when Garlan Garner asks the same question a year from now*

Okay, we're good.
Calm down.... I'm aware of all of the facts... however it does not mean I'm pleased with my decision. Over time....maybe others may not be either. If time doesn't matter to you then great. I ain't mad at you.

Calm down.... I'm aware of all of the facts... however it does not mean I'm pleased with my decision. Over time....maybe others may not be either. If time doesn't matter to you then great. I ain't mad at you.

1) I am calm. Note I'm not the one already fussing over the wait time I signed up for, nor will I be fussing about it in a year's time.
2) It was a joke. My apologies for not having your sense of humor. Blaming that wholly on my parents.
3) If you're not pleased with your decision, make another that will please you.
4) Of course time matters. I'm not sure my current vehicle can remain operational until 3-Day, but I've got the duct tape waiting. The fact remains we all knew what we were getting into before we made the deposits AND the time frame has actually SHORTENED since we made those deposits. So, um...don't get your angst.
5) I ain't mad at you, either.

Thanks everyone. I'm wonder what the feelings will be like a year from now when the car still isn't available.

Since nobody realistically expects the car to be available in August 2017, the feeling will depend on the signs of progress.

Frankly, I'll be happy in August 2017 if:
1) Tesla isn't bankrupt or heading to bankruptcy at that point.
2) The Bolt is successful

I'm losing my interest in these reveals. I'm starting to feel like Teslas rich people are teasing reservation holding pheasants.

Thanks everyone. I'm wonder what the feelings will be like a year from now when the car still isn't available.

My guess is you will be happier that you have moved up in line when some of the "pheasants" in front of you lose their spot on the reservation holders listo_O around hunting season/thanksgiving.

edit: @el crucero beat me to the punch! No typo goes unnoticed or unpunished:)

My guess is you will be happier that you have moved up in line when some of the "pheasants" in front of you lose their spot on the reservation holders listo_O around hunting season/thanksgiving.

edit: @el crucero beat me to the punch! No typo goes unnoticed or unpunished:)
Well, I hope that there is something that will help me drum up some motivation or something that will last over a year.

Maybe picking it up in Nevada will allow delivery in 2017.

• Funny
Reactions: melindav
I was a Model 3 reservation holder, but put my reservation towards a new S60D for later this year.
That said, I watch with interest for the Tesla ute. If it is anything like the Ozzy Ford Falcon ute for performance, it will be completely bonkers (and yes, I will definitely want one of them).

I was a Model 3 reservation holder, but put my reservation towards a new S60D for later this year.
That said, I watch with interest for the Tesla ute. If it is anything like the Ozzy Ford Falcon ute for performance, it will be completely bonkers (and yes, I will definitely want one of them).
Do you still have your M3 reservation? If so.... What are you going to do with your MS when the M3 arrives?

They're currently building the tooling for the factory and starting the prep work to build the assembly lines etc...

The process will take 9-10 months so don't expect too much news from them. I hope they'll put out a timelapse of the assembly line expansion like they did for the 2014 expansion, that would be cool.

Tesla will be quiet on Model 3 progress until the second reveal. That should happen sometime in late spring I think. Expect to see beta vehicles running around at about that time too. This program is moving along faster that any other car they've made so far so we'll see.

Reactions: SΞXY P100D
I'm losing my interest in these reveals. I'm starting to feel like Teslas rich people are teasing reservation holding pheasants.

<Soapbox>

I am assuming you mean Peasants instead of Pheasants. As referring to us "poor" folk as large long-tailed game birds in this context just wouldn't make sense.

I am trying hard not to be offended that you refer to a Model 3 reservation holder as a peasant. I am certainly not "rich" but I have worked hard for what I have. And I proudly put down $1K of my own money to help fund the only brand new car I will probably ever buy.

For this...enjoy Dislike x2 :)

</Soapbox>