Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla's upcoming 'under your nose' announcement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Making a big deal out of enabling WiFi would be another marketing mistake IMO. The car has been advertised as WiFi enabled from the start. It's not big news to activate a feature that has been advertised from the start. 4G is of course better than 3G but IMO not big news.

That could be part of the service announcement, which is supposed to be the second announcement after the financing. This thread is about the third announcement (or the fifth part of the 5-part "trilogy"). Still waiting on the supercharger announcement, which was supposed to come before service.

The presser about reaching GAAP profitability and 4750 deliveries in Q1 was the first announcement.
The financing was #2
Service loaner cars is #3
Supercharger-related will be #4,
and the secret under our noses is #5 - my guess is data package announced with the surprise that 4G capability is already built into every MS on the road.

My guess is your mouth is "under your nose", and that Tesla is going to give incentives for word of mouth sales. The backlog of orders has shortened and I think Tesla is concerned.

No. Of course the backlog has come down, that's what happens when you start building cars, not just taking reservations. We don't know that there is a demand problem, we can't see the reservation numbers anymore. They don't seem very concerned since they are running at a production rate above what they promised, and they have a lot more information than we do.

And...that's a really long stretch to make the "under your nose" comment work.

No. Of course the backlog has come down, that's what happens when you start building cars, not just taking reservations. We don't know that there is a demand problem, we can't see the reservation numbers anymore. They don't seem very concerned since they are running at a production rate above what they promised, and they have a lot more information than we do.

And...that's a really long stretch to make the "under your nose" comment work.
Just my guess Citizen. No need to get snarky. Backlog is reportedly down to a month now and the timing of the recent lease option lends weight to Tesla being concerned.

If the P85 loner cars is the announcement then people should recognize that Tesla (Elon) is not making a big deal about this.
No pre-tweet and high profile conference call. Just a few selected news outlets. For all those who are "burnt out" by perceived unsexy announcements, it would appear Tesla is quite aware the proper way to release the news.

What about under your nose = "under the hood"

Ideas: Auto closing trunk - No more pushing hard on the hood?

I would LOVE to have that. I use the frunk every day, just because I can, plus it's great to see people's eyes pop when it's an empty cavern :) But seriously, I've been asking for a cinch closer, or whatever you call the mechanism that snugs the rear hatch down since I placed my order in 2011.

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is your mouth is "under your nose", and that Tesla is going to give incentives for word-of-mouth sales. The backlog of orders has shortened and I think Tesla is concerned.

I have a sinking feeling that it's going to be something cheeky like every Model S comes with a free Tesla grin :-/

Update: some info may have leaked out due to a technicians mistake of leaving a car in diagnostics mode after service! According to the diagnostics info, we may have the following which could be related to the upcoming "under the nose" announcement:

* Adaptive cruise control
* Blind spot sensor
* Lane departure warning

Diagnostics Mode: interesting look under the covers

And let the speculation begin, lol!

yobigd20-have you found any good detailing places in Jersey-or a good place for aftermarket mods?

Update: some info may have leaked out due to a technicians mistake of leaving a car in diagnostics mode after service! According to the diagnostics info, we may have the following which could be related to the upcoming "under the nose" announcement:

* Adaptive cruise control
* Blind spot sensor
* Lane departure warning

Diagnostics Mode: interesting look under the covers

hmmm that's very interesting... That thread is now missing from this forum and it was only posted an hour or so ago. Did we hit the jackpot here? Did the mods remove that thread because it was right??