Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this new dashed line?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg

When my battery level gets below certain low levels such as 40 miles and below, a new dashed yellow line appears. This goes away after charge and comes back again at low battery levels. What does this mean?
If this has been discussed already, apologies and please point me in that direction. Curious if others have seen this and know what it means.
Thanks

Yes, just another feature that protects the battery in extreme conditions. You might also see it if you push the motor too hard (lots and lots of maximum power), in which case the system is protecting the battery from overheating. These kinds of protection mechanisms might exist on other cars, but Tesla shows you what the limits are at any point in time.

I'd gotten the low-range dashed line before, but I was driving to Vegas last weekend and I got it when I still had at least 150+ rated miles remaining. I assumed it was due to 90+ degree heat and going up hills at 80 mph - it must have been to prevent overheating but I'd never gotten it before.