Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only if you get arrested. If not it’s like speeding.

Ya mt bad, I usually don't reveal my findings until I take my fill. I am pretty transparent this way. Yes I am greedy and yes I don't like being coat tailed.

But rest assured I stake my own money into my investments. Even if you guys will be after me. You will still make money.

I don't like being coat tailed
Why not? Wouldn't the additional buying interest be a good thing for your investments?

Regarding Airbnb, it may well be a good investment, but it's not at all of interest to us. We've lived in a modest mountain community for a long time. In recent years, Airbnb rentals have brought money into the community, but at a price. Some rentals attract partiers and are neighborhood nuisances. Others, including the rental next to our property, are well managed and tolerable, but we'd still prefer not having a "hotel" next door! At the same time, it's become almost impossible to find a full-time rental house in our community, which hurts lower income people and those just starting out. While I can't blame property owners for going the Airbnb route to maximize their income, I'm not convinced this is a good system. The big risk to Airbnb is that many more residents will have similar sentiments and desire to curtail short-term rentals in their communities.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Why not? Wouldn't the additional buying interest be a good thing for your investments?

It has to do with my reputation. Although I always joke around with my status as an oracle. I do take it seriously.

Relying on additional buying interest are the schemes of pump and dumpers. It'll be easy short term gain, but I don't need it. This will also end uo being a zero sum game as late buyers feed early buyers. And if you rely on it once, it gets easier to fall down the rabbit hole. I guess this is what ppp call integrity.

Where I am at in life right now. I am looking to elevate the ppl around me. I've long despaired after reading all these research reports about how successful ppl are narcissists and that ppl who have no quelms about taking advantage of others end up on top. The zero sums game belief.

But thankfully someone pointed out tue alternative. And tesla has proven that.

Anyway, just a stream of my investment/life philosophy.

Last edited:
As someone who has used ABNB several times in the past, I actually think they have a good chance at profit. I also used VRBO previously, and ABNB does provide a much more positive experience. For folks with kids, ABNB can be much more attractive than staying in hotels. I also agree, folks are itching to travel and get out of their houses. We are planning to do this for the winter break - our companies have 2 week shut downs. Staying home with kids and nothing much to do outside (no visiting friends, no restaurants, restrictions on beach going, etc) would drive us nuts for 2 weeks. But we dont want to get into a plane and go anywhere far, so we decided to spend 5 days in San Francisco and wine country area - just drive up there. Well, the hotel just cancelled our reservations due to the restrictions. So instead of cancelling the trip, we simply reserved an entire 3 bedroom house in that area for 1 week. The cost is higher than reserving two hotel rooms for the family, but we have a spacious house and full kitchen for the week. Which means, even if the restaurants are closed, we can pick up food or order in and enjoy the outdoors away from home.

I like to invest in companies that I am comfortable using their products. ABNB falls in that category perfectly. Unfortunately, I could not get any IPO shares, but will likely buy some after the initial run-up is done
I’d rather stay in a house than in a hotel so I’m a big Airbnb fan. Wish they had a way to filter for EV charging accommodations though. Not sure what they are waiting for on this. Seems like a huge over-site to me. Not buying the stock at these prices. Maybe some puts.

I stumbled onto this on startengine.com. Don't know anything about it, but am posting it because it is EV-related. If it's anything like blink, it could be a winner down the road. I'll probably do a small investment, just to track it. Not advice! :)

Liberty Access Technologies | StartEngine
I'm not impressed. 19kW AC is slow charging for the large vehicles they are targeting, trucks and buses which would likely have very large battery packs. Plus they are counting on the vehicle's onboard charger to convert it to DC for the battery, this is just the equivalent of a Tesla 80 amp wall connector.

Thinking about selling some AMD, any thoughts on if I should do so before end of year, or any period in next year?

Don't want to hold it past a top and might use the funds to buy a car or more TSLA or something.

I haven't followed AMD for a couple years now but I can tell you it's one of those many stocks I would have benefited much more by simply holding. Looking at the 5 year chart, it has just broken above a consolidation range and overall looks very bullish. Based on that, and my past lessons, I say hold it.

• Helpful
Reactions: dhanson865