Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
A little news on Nano One: Nano One Enters into a Cathode Evaluation Agreement

Vancouver, Canada (TSX-V: NNO) (OTC-Nasdaq Intl Designation: NNOMF) (Frankfurt: LBMB). Nano One® CEO Mr. Dan Blondal is pleased to announce that Nano One has entered into a cathode evaluation and benchmark agreement with an American based multinational auto manufacturer to jointly evaluate Nano One’s cathode materials for automotive lithium ion batteries. Financial compensation towards the project is confidential.

There are only three companies that meet those criteria that I am aware of:
  • Ford
  • GM
  • Tesla
Ford: Hasn't shown any interest in getting in to batteries.
GM: Partnered with LG, so maybe but doesn't seem likely.
That leaves: Tesla... But they have been working on their own cathode...

The shorts are going to get murdered by QS but they never seem to learn.

I wonder where they get all this money to burn on short squeezes like this.

I'm not feeling it with QS. They're at least two years out and Tesla's going to have million mile batteries that charge quick and have ICE comparable range. Solid State might be better but will that be advantageous?

Reactions: phantasms
I'm not feeling it with QS. They're at least two years out and Tesla's going to have million mile batteries that charge quick and have ICE comparable range. Solid State might be better but will that be advantageous?

Two MAJOR problems QS has to overcome
1) Cycle limitation - all their published info says their current battery tech is good for ~800 cycles. That won't cut it for even consumer autos.
2) Price - by the time they release a viable product that can be scaled up, Tesla will be around the $50/kwh mark on battery costs. QS has not predicted anywhere near that low a price leve.

For these two reason, I've passed on QS for a long term investment.

Interesting conversation between Gali of HyperChange and Michael Saylor of Microstrategy about Bitcoin.

This combined with ARK's research and the Fed money printer go brrrrrrr has me wanting to move 5% of my assets into Bitcoin.

Edit- Elon and Michael Saylor had a Twitter exchange on the topic: https://twitter.com/michael_saylor/status/1340679387998527489?s=20