Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here invested in Z or OPEN? Gene Munster is predicting them both to 3x in in the next 5 years.

Zillow and Opendoor Will Transform Real Estate | Loup Ventures
Ive been in Z about 2.5 years, added some after Mar 2020, but not at the lows.. it was like $20.I figured I’d be holding it a while, but have actually been lightening up on the position in recent weeks. We’ll probably get toe $200 on some of this news and home euphoria, and probably get a better buying oppty for new longs.

Reactions: corduroy
I have a bunch of these renewables: spwr, enph, sedg, fslr, and run. I have been trading in and out for these for years. 20% to 30% and higher spikes have been common with a dip the next day. I turned $100k into $450k trading these over the last 3 or 4 years. Since November 2020, I have decided to hold these long. SPWR is heavily shorted. Historically SPWR goes up a lot just before earnings (2/17) then, like TSLA, even with a decent earnings call, will dip the next day. With our new administration, I'm going to be more conservative with my trading on all these aformentioned, I plan to hold these longer.

Other EV related stocks/spacs I'm holding are actc, ciic, eose, nga, kndi, and xpev. Compared to my TSLA holdings I have, these are chump change, but they can be a lot more fun!

Don't forget relatively new IPO ARRY. They make tracking systems and mounting systems for large commercial solar. As long as commercial solar is a thing, these guys will do well. Also less risk of disruptive innovation coming their way, they just need to continue to execute.

I work in the videogame industry and I wouldn't touch Unity stock with a 10 ft pole. They're going to have serious issue monetizing the business to make it actually valuable...especially for their current valuation. The moment they really try to monetize, you'll see developers flock to Epic before you can blink because any sane developer is going to go to Unreal for their toolset. Developers simply use Unity for the cost verses going with Epic right now

Good info, thanks. Yeah, I asked for an IPO allocation just because I thought it was going to pop once in the open market and I was right. Too bad my allocation was just 100 shares :). I did not opt to buy more at market open though, so I have a 145% price appreciation on those 100 shares.

I'm going to sell it whenever the underwriters stop looking at IPO allocators who try to flip the stock. If you sell too early, you'll be put on a sh*tlist for future IPO allocations. One day I hope to be able to buy, I dunno, 200 shares at IPO price? Here's hoping.

OK, here's a 5 day old IPO that's still trading around the market open price. ON24 (ONTF). Prospectus:

S-1/A

They are a SaaS company that enable companies to host live and recorded webinars. Sales and lead generation focused. Kinda of a cross between salesforce and zoom. B to B. Great growth, etc. (just flip through beginning of prospectus). Should report a great upcoming quarter.

Oh My God. Can Rivian at least start delivering the R1T before going public?? They've raised $8B. They have zero need to do an IPO, unless they are a house of cards and existing investors want to get out before it all falls down. Their only demonstrated core competency is making slick marketing videos and raising money. Way too similar to Nikola for my taste.

Dave Lee did a podcast on Opendoor a few months ago. Seems like a nice idea but some real challenges

Yeah, I just talked to an experienced real estate agent. She thinks that without a real estate agent acting as a “shock absorber”, most negotiations would go down the tubes. In addition, buying a house is complicated and without a real estate agent making sure everything is in order, buyers will get scammed. Maybe OpenDoor has answers to these problems, don’t know.

Reactions: JustMe
Yeah, I just talked to an experienced real estate agent. She thinks that without a real estate agent acting as a “shock absorber”, most negotiations would go down the tubes. In addition, buying a house is complicated and without a real estate agent making sure everything is in order, buyers will get scammed. Maybe OpenDoor has answers to these problems, don’t know.
Nobody wants to admit or believe their job will not exist in 10 years.

Negotiations will happen between company and client and not client to client- and perhaps prices will be fixed like Tesla. Big data comparables will ease any concerns about getting a good price.

The superior user experience will be the driver of change.

Last edited:
Anyone had a look at Archer yet? Californian electric aircraft business. It's a space I've been giving some low-key attention for a few years. It seems to me a no-brainer at some point. My biggest immediate question is how exposed to competition the field is; how much a tech advantage can translate into long-term business value.

They're not public, but might soon be through a SPAC.

Electric Aircraft Startup Archer to Go Public Via SPAC Atlas Crest Investment; Shares Lift Off

Lilium is a different company I've been following, but they seem to be nowhere near public.

Electric aircraft designs need to fly fixed-wing during the cruise portion of their flight if they're going to have any range at all, powered lift is too energy intensive. Both these companies perform on that metric, but it's obviously a very small part of the equation.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Who else's portfolio is on fire in 2021? Post what you got my friends... Looking to get inspired!

R.PNG

Reactions: serendipitous