Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a few stories in the US press today about battery demand in China boosting raw material prices. Maybe that's it.

People keep posting about this stock, but it's showing a $50 foreign settlement fee for me on Fidelity. Guess I should thank them for keeping me from even looking into yet another stock.

Wow that’s highway robbery. I’m expecting this company to be uplisted to the Nasdaq this year fwiw.

btw, this is the “looking at other stocks” thread ;)

• Informative
Reactions: TheTalkingMule
I’m honestly thinking it was the SB commercial for Dexcom though I can’t be sure.

TSNP up another 26% today too!

TSNP I regret not getting into, but I don't buy stuff I don't 100% understand and I didn't have time to perform due diligence on that one.

People would be doing a DEEP dive on research if we attribute the Dexcom commercial with the SENS uptick. Possible, but they would really have to be looking at related products, not just near-exact products.

Reactions: Stone_Watcher
TSNP I regret not getting into, but I don't buy stuff I don't 100% understand and I didn't have time to perform due diligence on that one.

People would be doing a DEEP dive on research if we attribute the Dexcom commercial with the SENS uptick. Possible, but they would really have to be looking at related products, not just near-exact products.

I don’t blame you on TSNP it’s a risky one.

I am only basing my SENS comment on what I read in the stocktwits SENS forum. Really hard to say for sure though, in the robinhood era these things have minds of their own.

• Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke
I don’t blame you on TSNP it’s a risky one.
Is TSNP basically Humbl at this point? Tesoro used to be, uh, something a long time ago, though Google Finance doesn't show a quarterly since 2011! I guess that's because they merged with Humbl in December and either weren't public or didn't need to report before that merger?

I'm in it, I'm happy obviously with the recent results, but like bkp_duke I'm still fuzzy on exactly what it is they do/sell. Basically ETF's for crypto currencies?

Is TSNP basically Humbl at this point? Tesoro used to be, uh, something a long time ago, though Google Finance doesn't show a quarterly since 2011! I guess that's because they merged with Humbl in December and either weren't public or didn't need to report before that merger?

I'm in it, I'm happy obviously with the recent results, but like bkp_duke I'm still fuzzy on exactly what it is they do/sell. Basically ETF's for crypto currencies?

Yes, it is basically HUMBL at this point. They are trying to be Venmo + Etsy + SoFi for emerging markets is how I would best describe it. I dunno if they can justify the market cap at $2/share right now personally. I wouldn’t blame anyone for selling now and getting back in later because I’m sure there will be a correction at some point.

I’ll probably unload enough to recoup my initial investment then let the rest ride. It’s all hype right now but the upside is very big IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: ckessel
Could expand to everyone with carbohydrate processing issues. DM, fatty liver, hyper TG.
I see value in awareness. You’d be surprised how many people don’t recognize there are carbs in milk, for example.

I know people who are T2 pre-diabetic or diabetic, but not on insulin, who buy the Abbot CGM for full price because they rather not prick their fingers. It is also convenient in an office where you can scan the readings on the phone than carry around the items needed for the finger prick reading.

In the same diabetic space, Oramed(ORMP) is another company am keeping a close watch on. They are in Phase 3 trials of oral insulin capsule. If successful, it will be a game changer imho. They are trading at $10 up from $4 a month ago.

The prick thing I also think is a big deal for many people which is why I think it's critical for Senseonics to reduce the amount of calibrations needed for their product. Twice daily isn't as much as a diabetic would need otherwise but it's still more than existing products on the market

The prick thing I also think is a big deal for many people which is why I think it's critical for Senseonics to reduce the amount of calibrations needed for their product. Twice daily isn't as much as a diabetic would need otherwise but it's still more than existing products on the market
There is no type 1 diabetic who is only testing twice a day, more like 6-8 times a days.. type 2, MAYBE 2x a day, but even then that's not giving much insight at all to dosing or efficacy of either diet or dosing impact. Most T1 are doing at least once before a meal and again at some 45-90 min after, or if they feel "off"... 3-4 times a day. also, quality protocol would do 2 hours after last meal before bedtime, and then at wake up before first meal. The beauty of CGM and other solutions is to understand a lot of what happens between last meal, bedtime and overnight (often a hyPO condition) and then also recovery using what amount of insulin within 45-60 post prandial phase. true non invasive CGM with alerting and directional indications is the unicorn here, but we'll get there pretty soon.

Reactions: bkp_duke
That's not what I meant. I know that there are many pricks and it's still not measuring in the same universe as using a CGM. I said specifically that even the Senseonics solution is fewer than what's normally needed.

What I did mean is that with a G6, you don't need to do two pricks a days, only a calibration set when you replace the sensor every 10 days. Therefore someone choosing to use a CGM to reduce pricks would likely pick the Dexcom if the other advantages (of which the Senseonics has a number) don't outweigh that factor for them.

I need to start saving up!

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 8.52.18 AM.png