Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The IV for CCIV has been trending down and is 148 today. That is very high of course compared to TSLA but is still much lower than it was when I first did my arbitrage trade 3 weeks ago. Higher IV allows the sold call premiums to be higher and does not effect the warrant price; thus, when the IV was higher, I was able to sell calls that offset the price of the warrants 1:1. Now that is not possible unless you go to ITM calls, which makes it not worth it. So there is still an arbitrage play possible, but the potential profit:loss is not nearly a sfavourable. Personally, i would be watching the CCIV IV and if it gets back to 250 or whatever it was (20-day moving average is 239 as per marketchameleon.com), then I would starting comparing warrant price to Aug20/21 or Jan/22 sold calls in the $40-50 strike price range. If they become equal, then the buy warrant/sell call play can again be done with essentially zero potential loss.

Side note for warrant exercising, assuming the merger happens before July 3, 2021, the first day possible to exercise the warrants will be August 3, 2021.

CCIV and CCIVWS were tanking this AM, now starting to recover as of the time of this post, but IV on the calls is continuing to drop. Guess that is going to make getting into this arbitrage with low risk unlikely. Still keeping an eye on it.

Somewhat related to ABML, Redwood gets a new recycling contract with Envision AESC
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/23/for...ew-recycling-deal-as-battery-costs-soar-.html

“I’m a little surprised that some of the big OEMs (automakers) have taken perhaps a little longer to get fully pivoted and oriented in this direction,” said Straubel. “I’m also a little surprised at how many other successful and growing start-ups there are.”

Many of those start-ups have become publicly traded companies through SPAC mergers. Straubel thinks some of the start-ups are intriguing, but a few may have weak or questionable business plans. Which ones? Straubel won’t say, but he does have these words of caution for investors.

• Informative
Reactions: house9 and UCF3
Lion Electric (NGA) now has Amazon and Los Angeles Schools as new customers for EV buses.

This afternoons First Solar, large USA based panel mfg. earnings and guidance is quite decent. Sunrun (RUN) is #1 USA residential solar installer had a fantastic Q4 and excellent 2021 guidance. If it wasn't for the macros this would be way up after hours. I am loading up.

So my tiny ($500M market cap) little EV company, GreenPower Motors (GP) seems to be executing well. Latest earnings call was 2 weeks ago and was very bullish. The share price popped on the earnings release, but then the stock price got caught in the market downdraft like everyone else. The reason I like GP is its low market cap (so stock price has room to grow), accelerating sales, proven manufacturing record, down to earth management. You can get a sense of the management team from the earnings call transcript:

GreenPower Motor Company Inc. (GP) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool

So my tiny ($500M market cap) little EV company, GreenPower Motors (GP) seems to be executing well. Latest earnings call was 2 weeks ago and was very bullish. The share price popped on the earnings release, but then the stock price got caught in the market downdraft like everyone else. The reason I like GP is its low market cap (so stock price has room to grow), accelerating sales, proven manufacturing record, down to earth management. You can get a sense of the management team from the earnings call transcript:

GreenPower Motor Company Inc. (GP) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool
Thanks to your recommendation, I bought some GP a couple of weeks ago and I am pleased with the company. THCB, ACTC, and NGA have been taking a beating unfairly due to macros.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Twitter seems to have come out with a lot of new and interesting features today. Looks like they’ll start making money soon. The FB peak has passed. I wonder if Twitter will finally have some time in the Sun. Thoughts?

I hate twitter, but their new super follow feature makes sense. It'll be interesting to see if people will treat Twitter like they do YouTube, Twitch, Patreon, etc.

It'll be interesting to see if their new Safety Mode (which users turn on) will change Twitter's policy towards censoring and deleting accounts. We will have to see how they use it.

Reactions: phantasms
Twitter seems to have come out with a lot of new and interesting features today. Looks like they’ll start making money soon. The FB peak has passed. I wonder if Twitter will finally have some time in the Sun. Thoughts?
Twitter is far from perfect but I utterly despise FB and want it to crash and burn in flames. If Twitter going next level would accomplish that, I'm all for it.

However, IMO, Twitter is not well run and I wouldn't risk a dime on them.

I don't know if any of you got into that TSNP stock, it had quite a run last month and was pretty lucrative if you got in and out at the right time. I sold most of mine during the runup but did keep some shares to see what happens with it.

Anyways, FYI, they are undergoing a reverse split and ticker change to TSNPD today and then will officially become HMBL next month on March 26th. I expect the share price will decline after this reverse split (unfortunately for my current holding) but it may offer a buying opportunity for anyone who wants to bet on this company long term. I look at is as a lottery ticket, they'll probably either be bankrupt or a pretty solid company in a few years so don't use any money you need to pay the rent...

• Informative
Reactions: MaxPain
So I just spent more time than I would admit going through the last 80 pages from this thread. There have been several rumors of SPAC mergers given here before the actual mergers were announced, and I was wondering how well someone would do indiscriminately trading on the rumors.

In my analysis below, I assumed you would just buy the stock price, not options, and that you would sell sometime after the peak price was achieved either before the actual merger announcement or right after.

I found four posted rumors, two from @juanmedina and two from @hershey101

On 8/2/20, juanmedina posted a rumor sourced from the WSB reddit that HCAC was going to buy Proterra. You could buy HCAC at a closing price of $10.88 that day. The stock subsequently peaked at $22, and a savvy investor would probably have gotten out at $19/share before the 12/22/20 merger announcement (for Canoo, not Proterra) for a 75% gain over 3+ months.

On 12/4/20, juanmedina posted a rumor from InvestorPlace that QELL was going to buy Proterra. You could have bought QELL at $11.08 that day. No merger has been announced, and QELL is now trading at $11.92 (peaked at $14.35). Chances are, a savvy investor would probably still be holding QELL, leaving you with a 10% downside exposure if QELL doesn't do a merger and liquidates (it would liquidate at $10/share).

On 1/11/21, hershey101 posted a rumor sourced from Bloomberg that CCIV was going to merge with Lucid. It traded at $13.20 that day. CCIV hit a high of $58.05, but you could easily have sold at $57, and indeed still could have sold at about $57 even after the merger was announced on 2/22/21 (and it was with Lucid). That would have netted you a 332% price appreciation in just over a month.

On 1/18/21, hershey101 mentioned in passing that Farady was going to merge with PSAC and you could have bought PSAC for $11.64 that day. The price peaked at $19.16, but a savvy investor could easily have gotten out, even after the merger announcement, at $17 or better, resulting in a 46% appreciation after 10 days.

All in all, buying these SPAC rumors appears to be to a great idea, at least until people catch on and things change. It occurs to me that it is in the original SPAC investor's interests to whisper these rumors so that they can sell their SPAC investment into the ensuing retail buying frenzy.

Thoughts?

So anyone know what Cathie Wood's username is on Reddit? She went full ape buying 3.5 million shares of PLTR.

image (1).png

image.png