Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know if this is related to the big Proterra drop but TDAmeritrade got it mixed up with Prothena in their news feed, which is sourced from Benzinga:

Proterra Inc. (NASDAQ: PTRA) fell 13.3% to $14.77. Novo Nordisk will acquire Prothena’s clinical stage antibody PRX004 and broader ATTR amyloidosis program.

I don't think that's the reason since Proterra dropped much more on 10 times normal volume while Prothena had only slightly higher than normal volume.

Don't know if this is related to the big Proterra drop but TDAmeritrade got it mixed up with Prothena in their news feed, which is sourced from Benzinga:

I don't think that's the reason since Proterra dropped much more on 10 times normal volume while Prothena had only slightly higher than normal volume.

I was wondering if the big drop was because of this seeking alpha article:

Proterra Is Promising But A Little Too Expensive (NASDAQ:PTRA)

Short term weird things can happen. When social media takes interest in something stock can move because they are talking about it. Some of the meme stocks are going for several times what they should.

The markets were very volatile today. I had 4 stocks I own move more than $1 and some others close to a dollar. Both up and down.

Proterra may have bottomed but they seem to have some issues with the composite frame of their buses cracking

That's not good. It's hard to tell today because the market is down overall this week. But Proterra today went sideways, down 9 cents in regular trading and up 9 cents after hours.

I'm skeptical Peleton is going to continue to be a winner. The history with exercise equipment is that people buy them with good intentions and then they sit unused until they are sold off on Craigslist. The market for slightly used Peletons is likely going to be big in a year or two when people realize it's taking up too much space.

Strange. You know, a few years ago when Faraday hit financial trouble a bunch of top people quit and founded Canoo. Since then, Canoo went public with a SPAC, but then the SPAC guys fired all the Canoo founders so maybe that talent is headed back to Faraday? The whole LA EV startup scene (Aerovironment, AC Propulsion, Coda, Faraday, Canoo, Fisker.v1, Fisker.v2, Karma) has produced more drama than cars over the last 30 years.

I mean, if you're ok with risk you can be bullish on Faraday. But it doesn't make sense you'd be bullish on Faraday while being bearish on Lucid. Lucid is quite clearly further along and has a lot of well known ex-Tesla people who supposedly know what they're doing, while Faraday's team (heck the entire Los Angeles ecosystem) has never built a successful automaker before.
Sorry for long delay in responding, wasn't following too well all posts - I'm not bullish nor invested in either of them, there are far better places to invest/ bet some funds.

The BIG difference to me is that Lucid is backed up by Saudi interests (meh) while Faraday is funded by Chinese ones (including Geely, who owns Volvo BTW). Faraday has had its troubles, eventually was bought back etc. current owners are (more) solid Chinese folks. I'm interested as I like to keep informed, and just wanted to share what I know/ knew.

Now, *IF* there were a way to bet money on the outcome of Lucid vs Faraday, I'd really be happy to plunk some decent amount at 8:1 in favor of Faraday - With both a who knows non zero (over 15%) chance of staying afloat as high end EV car manufacturer in the long run. So I'm bullish on Faraday vs Lucid, but tepid on both ;D

They are wisely NOT competing against Tesla, they're clearly going after the niche high end market (the Rolls Royce /Bentley /S500 types) so won't need big production to be profitable. At the same time what they learn would trickle down slowly to other EV's or they'll be bought by others

TBH I was also unimpressed by Lucid's CEO - his intro talk video was full of marketing lingo and he just seemed super fake to me. Not that his product isn't vaporware, so OK could be subjective assessment, and my record isn't public even tho I did call a handful of good ones. (Rawlinson was dissed by Elon - he *was* in charge of the S, but really only the traditional part of car making, see his Tweet)

While on the anecdotal side, I happened to walk by the newly opened Faraday showroom in NYC - on 59th St next to the Fifth ave store. With a car parked outside unattended, I had to tap the door handle (same flush as Tesla's) which agitated the attendants a lot ..when the door simply opened :D
That was the day before converting via SPAC - I "naively" asked the overworked person who seemed to be in charge "are they available now?" to which he replied "this time next year" .. For the record, I talked to a couple who looked like tourists from out to town (they were from Corning, NY, visiting their NY docs), asked what they thought of it, and what they knew of Tesla: of the latter zilch ! (only the usual basics). Wow.

Just hit this milestone being long AMD with cost basis of 17 dollars. Hopefully Fiverr is next.

Screenshot_20210729-140447_StockMarketSim (1).jpg

Last edited:
RH up 69% - do I sell?

Great thread, in general. Some of my thoughts:

Question: If a helpful Fed does raise interest rates (APY), and growth continues for Robinhood both in banks & customers, then what's their valuation potential?

Thoughts:

These Are The 15 Largest Banks In The US | Bankrate

Customers
Chase: ~80M
BofA: ~37M
Robinhood: 20M+

Valuation
Chase: $2.87 T
BofA: $2.16 T
Robinhood: $30 B

Original APY for Cash Mgmt was 3% before Trump Fed got involved in 2019-2020. Number of participating banks: 7...all sweeping $250k max individually.

I ran the back-of-the-envelope numbers awhile ago, if you deposited the FDIC-insured max into Robinhood Cash of $1.25M...you'd be generating, annually, $37,500 for cash just sitting there to an account connected to a debit card and app-based payment services, in the future, like Apple/Google Pay.

Deposit Sweep Program | Robinhood

Participating Banks:
  • Goldman Sachs Bank USA
  • HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
  • Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
  • Citibank, N.A.
  • Bank of Baroda
  • U.S. Bank, N.A.
  • Amerant Bank, N.A.