Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not clear how to invest there, but mentioning it here FYI. There maybe a way to get in at the pre IPO stage, see Partner – Boxabl.
Background: new housing construction is way too inefficient. Elon Musk now lives (test lives?) in a Boxabl Casita Tiny house rented from SpaceX. Considering the huge amount of new housing needed in Boca Chica/ Austin - and this seems to align with Tesla's mission too, as well as the longer term Mars SpaceX mission. Talent (great engineers) and batteries (for the integrated HVAC /solar systems) are probably not an issue. Batteries as CATL non high end car batteries seem to be ramping up nicely.

Answering my own question... overlooked these info, they are in private funding stage.

Could explode IF Elon decides to push for an active part in the company, besides test living in one. Risks would be if the Reg A+ fails to grow into a publicly traded company. Although, note that startengine.com has a trading platform for the companies they incubate.

From their website:

A/ for non accredited investors - the crowdfunding platform Boxabl

B/ For accredited investors (and min 10K investment)

Invest in Boxabl​

Our traction​

1. Over $1bn in potential revenue for “reserved” Casitas by over 20,000 potential customers in less than one year. Growing everyday.
  2. About 10% of these reservations include deposits paid, these customers have a potential of $100,000,000+ in revenue.
  3. System protected by 17+ patent filings and growing.
  4. We have received 2 purchase orders from ADS, Inc., to deliver 156 homes to the federal government.
  5. Huge social impact, potential to improve the quality of life for billions of people.
  6. The only building system compatible with automobile style factory mass production. Isn't it time we manufacture houses the way we manufacture everything else?
  7. Guided by Volkswagen Groups Porsche Consulting Inc. for the design and implementation of Boxabl’s new factory
  8. Potential to disrupt a massive and outdated trillion dollar building construction market, starting with the rapidly growing USA Accessory Dwelling Unit market.
  9. Initial production facility of ~150,000 sq ft projected to produce 3600 Casitas annually. Potential of $180,000,000 in revenue.
  10. Plan for worldwide expansion using other people's capital via a partner factory model. 100+ partners indicated interest in opening partner factories in almost every major country
  11. A product engineered to build almost every building type in almost every country on the planet.

Invest in Boxabl, for accredited investors only​

We are raising money to mass produce the world's most advanced building system and change the lives of billions of people around the globe.
Accredited investors get discounted pricing on our upcoming Regulation A+ exempt public offering.
  • Invest in a convertible note that converts to stock at a 10%-30% discount to Regulation A+ price
  • Additionally, the note accrues 10% interest per annum until it converts to stock
  • Invest $10k+ get 10% discount
  • Invest $100k+ get 20% discount
  • Invest $1m+ get 30% discount
CLICK HERE TO READ THE OFFERING MEMO
What is a convertible note?
What is a regulation A+ public offering?

PS. I also noted on the startengine crowdfunding platform Storen, vanadium flow battery storage company which claims better solution than Tesla's (? so why wouldn't Tesla have bought them already?)

Case Study : StorEn vs. Tesla

8b2ad7cd-1e6c-4f06-8156-affad845c217.jpg

StorEn's Vanadium Flow Batteries

Battery Duration: 25 years or 15,000 cycles at 100% capacity
Capacity loss: None
Energy: 20 or 30kWh
Recyclability: 100% reusable
1387f316-538b-4d75-8918-17e09485a8a1.jpg

Tesla's Lithium Powerwall™ Battery

Battery Duration: warranted for 10 years @ 70% of capacity
Capacity loss: 30%
Energy: 13.5kWh
Recyclability: Low (only ~3-5% of materials)

Source: KUNR, IEEE.org

Elon has stated that he is not living in one:

Hmm - I understood he did live in a Boxabl Casita - maybe the "live" is a bit of an exaggeration tho, he works and travels so much, it must be like his sleeping quarters at SpaceX. See also Boxabl dropped some hints that Musk might be a buyer of one of its houses. Teslarati says the company mentioned a "very special client in Boca Chica — one that preferred to have a Falcon 9 poster on the unit’s door."
Maybe Elon didn't want to look like he endorses Boxabl (another SEC precaution) so left his remark in a more "neutral" tone. Or maybe I'm wrong there.

My primary home is literally a ~$50k house in Boca Chica / Starbase that I rent from SpaceX. It's kinda awesome though.

We live in an era in which housing affordability is a huge and growing problem almost everywhere--and then we find out that Musk, with a reported net worth as I write this of $167.7 billion--literally lays his head at night inside the prototype for a possible home of the future?

Reactions: Buckminster
World's first supercapacitor-hybrid electric motorcycle will get a chance to prove itself
Walking away quickly.. I will defend capacitors if no one else is willing.
Looks like this is the operative feature:
Nawa claims that battery-powered EVs are limited in their regenerative braking capabilities by the speed at which their batteries can receive charge, and that its ultracaps can do the job so much better that you can get radical leaps in urban range, as well as bonus boost power, for less than what it'd cost you to upsize the battery.

I'd say Robinhood

/me ducks and covers
You should not underestimate how superior the Robinhood app is to every other traditional broker's apps. Also RH lets you trade crypto, something traditional brokers do not and unlike Coinbase they don't charge fees.

I am paying attention to the RH IPO saga and might jump in with a stake if Schwab carries this IPO and allocates me shares. The user loyalty to RH is very high even after the GameStop fiasco because there straight up isn't anything like it. I still can't see something as simple as the daily/weekly IV for a ticker symbol in Schwab, on the app or anywhere else. I can just open up the RH app and there it is.

You should not underestimate how superior the Robinhood app is to every other traditional broker's apps. Also RH lets you trade crypto, something traditional brokers do not and unlike Coinbase they don't charge fees.

I am paying attention to the RH IPO saga and might jump in with a stake if Schwab carries this IPO and allocates me shares. The user loyalty to RH is very high even after the GameStop fiasco because there straight up isn't anything like it. I still can't see something as simple as the daily/weekly IV for a ticker symbol in Schwab, on the app or anywhere else. I can just open up the RH app and there it is.

Honestly, I was way more, when I invested in them back in early 2019, interested in their banking interests. I wonder what happened to that aspect of their product portfolio? why?

e.g. Robinhood’s launch of checking accounts with 3% interest is a disaster

Honestly, I was way more, when I invested in them back in early 2019, interested in their banking interests. I wonder what happened to that aspect of their product portfolio? why?

e.g. Robinhood’s launch of checking accounts with 3% interest is a disaster
I originally signed up with Robinhood to take advantage of the bank account interest. Unfortunately they pulled the plug on that so I withdrew all my money.
Would be nice but probably ran into regulatory issues that they haven't resolved.

• Helpful
Reactions: goinfraftw
I originally signed up with Robinhood to take advantage of the bank account interest. Unfortunately they pulled the plug on that so I withdrew all my money.
Would be nice but probably ran into regulatory issues that they haven't resolved.

With a more helpful SEC, I think they'll get the regulatory help and their new approach works with the banks (their partner is Chase now). If they succeed...that's just an amazing long-term pie. I can see why Calacanis keeps saying its a $1T market cap company in the future if they can execute. Banks are $250B market caps usually...

TALK - Talkspace Stock: A Pure-Play Mental Health Stock

Edit: never mind, their financial statement looks terrible right now. Just not enough cash on-hand. Hope they shore up their operations before expanding. It's either that or they get some love from the US medical system and get subsidies via Medicare/Medicaid/etc for their services and growth will be through the roof.

Last edited by a moderator: