Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any thoughts on electric bus maker Proterra (PTRA)? They have a lot of orders, good backlog, but share price is in the toilet. Seems more "solid" than some companies in this space, but stock is getting killed, I haven't seen news as to why.
Looks like it was a SPAC when it came to market. PTRA sales growth is good but is expected to lose money through 2023. Apparently they cut jobs last month. Cash flow is -$0.85/share.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Anyone have any thoughts on electric bus maker Proterra (PTRA)? They have a lot of orders, good backlog, but share price is in the toilet. Seems more "solid" than some companies in this space, but stock is getting killed, I haven't seen news as to why.
I hold some in my Roth but sold my shares in my regular account for tax loss harvesting. They've been around for a long time before going public and I expected them to perform much better than they have.

Reactions: TN Mtn Man
Anyone dipping their toes on RIVN?
Anyone listen to the CC? Aftermarket, price is down almost 10%. Honestly, Rivian has to prove positive gross profit, which won’t happen until 2024. And then they have to get to net profit before the money runs out. As much as I like the EV space, Rivian isn’t filling me with tons of confidence.

Is anyone investing in Amprius, AMPX? They've been around a while but only went public in Sept, stock has been stuck around the $6 range for a while on low volume. High energy density cells, silicon anode, just announced a new factory in Colorado

Is anyone investing in Amprius, AMPX? They've been around a while but only went public in Sept, stock has been stuck around the $6 range for a while on low volume. High energy density cells, silicon anode, just announced a new factory in Colorado

Anyone know how expensive their pouch (ugh) cells are? They appear to be targeting very high energy density applications like airplanes. Which is fine, but that still only works if the price is low enough.

They are presenting to a bunch of institutional investors these days. Anyone have copies of their slides?

A company not often mentioned is Samsara in the IoT field. Their products are top notch - my company uses the asset and truck telematics products, and really likes the platform. They almost broke even last quarter and likely will turn a profit this quarter. 40% YoY revenue growth. Well positioned within a fast-growing field - IoT industry applications.

Proterra getting killed, down almost 40% at the moment

“When we file our 2022 [annual report on a form] 10-K, it will include management’s and our auditor’s conclusion that there is substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern,” said CEO Gareth Joyce on the company’s earnings conference call.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230316-165211.png
    Screenshot_20230316-165211.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20230316-165337.png
    Screenshot_20230316-165337.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • Informative
Reactions: JRP3