Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of good info in the pdf. Looks like they have achieved pretty remarkable gravimetric energy density with both LCO and NMC cathode chemistries. Much better cycle life with high e- density NMC, though still not quite to EV standards, unless using battery swapping.

Proterra partnering with Thomas Built buses for a 160 bus order

Reactions: TN Mtn Man
Some Enovix news of note:

YBS International Berhad Working with Malaysian Financial Institutions and Local Authorities to Fund Equipment Buildout Enovix and YBS International Executives...

Reactions: JRP3
Supposedly they are building production capacity which should help drive down price. If military and other specialized users are willing to pay 1k now it must at least deliver on the claims and hopefully help fund increased production. I expect we'll get more details from Sandy soon.

A company not often mentioned is Samsara in the IoT field. Their products are top notch - my company uses the asset and truck telematics products, and really likes the platform. 40% YoY revenue growth. Well positioned within a fast-growing field - IoT industry applications.

A helpful article summarizing Samsara's latest earnings report.

In 12 months, the company grew quarterly revenue by nearly 50% while cutting operating expenses by over 40%, resulting in a 75% reduction in net loss ($54M vs $253M). They're projecting positive cash flow within a year, but I think this may happen a quarter earlier. But more importantly, they have very strong product offerings. My company got in at just the right time so we locked in low prices for several years. Once we renew the contract, we're going to have to pay about twice as much since telematics devices have become much more expensive industry-wide. The value proposition for telematics devices in fleets is just so strong. AAA uses them along with half of the largest LTL trucking companies in the US.

The stock price has gone down since then for no fundamental reason. I'm in the process of rolling over 401k money to my IRAs so I can purchase more shares.

Anybody who wants to learn more about the company for the market can check out this Investory Day presentation: https://s29.q4cdn.com/853855404/files/doc_presentation/2022/Samsara-Investor-Day-2022.pdf

I agree with some of the more seasoned investors that a growth portfolio needs to have some diversification. TSLA holds a strong position in my portfolio, but IOT is going to be up there too. I just need TSLA to leave fleet telematics alone in the future lol.

I’d look at General Motors since they own Cruise. The rate at which their robotaxi service has grown is phenomenal. Will be in several cities by end of 2024

Seriously hoping you left an /s off there

Cruise is a piece of *sugar*. Their accident rate is multiples higher than FSDb, and they are geofenced to a TINY subset of two cities in the US. The practical "value" of their service is near zero.

Oh, and GM spent 3.5B on Cruise in the last 2 years for . . . 60M in revenue.

This is an example of how Tesla fans can use bad comparison and spread misinformation too.

Cruise is using a totally different collision standard. Afterall they show 50 collisions per 1 M miles as the standard - that is 10x more than what Tesla shows as the standard.

I've posted this a number of times. Tesla is probably only looking at L1 (or may be L2+). Cruise considers L4+. L1 is the severest crash and L4 is very minor.

View attachment 933267

Seriously hoping you left an /s off there

Cruise is a piece of *sugar*. Their accident rate is multiples higher than FSDb, and they are geofenced to a TINY subset of two cities in the US. The practical "value" of their service is near zero.

Oh, and GM spent 3.5B on Cruise in the last 2 years for . . . 60M in revenue.

I overall agree with your assessment that Cruise's value is blown way out of proportion. However, their accident rate relative to Tesla's is unclear since these two companies use different definitions of accident rate. There's an ongoing discussion on this in the FSD discussion thread.

I overall agree with your assessment that Cruise's value is blown way out of proportion. However, their accident rate relative to Tesla's is unclear since these two companies use different definitions of accident rate. There's an ongoing discussion on this in the FSD discussion thread.

I am aware of that discussion, and I squarely fall on the "FSDb is a much lower accident rate" side of the argument. All data points to this conclusion.