Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What package does my car have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I just bought a 2015 CPO 85d. It only has the tech with autopilot option.

However it also has lighted door handles and alcantara dash. Are these features coming from the tech package?

The car has is supposed to be march 2015 from what i was told by my CPO advisor.

Thanks! Tesla options are so confusing...

For what it's worth, my march 2015 build S60 has the tech package as well. It has lighted door handles, but not the alacantara dash. I feel like that may be coming from another package.

And you're right... the tesIa options are quite confusing. just bought my car a month ago and it seems like every few months they were changing the names of the options and changing what came standard and what package each feature came in.

But I love my march 2015 car and I'm sure you will too:)

For what it's worth, my march 2015 build S60 has the tech package as well. It has lighted door handles, but not the alacantara dash. I feel like that may be coming from another package.

And you're right... the tesIa options are quite confusing. just bought my car a month ago and it seems like every few months they were changing the names of the options and changing what came standard and what package each feature came in.

But I love my march 2015 car and I'm sure you will too:)

I love your S60 too :p

I already love my car. I can't believe how much I love my car. I'd love it even more if it secretly had an option that I wasn't charged for :D

So maybe the alcantara dash was a standalone option or something?

I have an April 2015 build S85D with the tech package. I also have the lighted door handles and alcantera dash...like others have posted I think the door handles are from the tech package. I don't have any sort of premium interior so the alcantera didn't come from that, and the alcantera dash isn't a separate item on its own. At that time the alcantera headliner was an option, maybe that included the dash too? I looked at my order and design documents and they don't say. Maybe I need to check the Moroney sticker.

Bruce.

I have an April 2015 build S85D with the tech package. I also have the lighted door handles and alcantera dash...like others have posted I think the door handles are from the tech package. I don't have any sort of premium interior so the alcantera didn't come from that, and the alcantera dash isn't a separate item on its own. At that time the alcantera headliner was an option, maybe that included the dash too? I looked at my order and design documents and they don't say. Maybe I need to check the Moroney sticker.

Bruce.

Thanks a lot Bruce, this settles it. (I think we have the exact same model and time of production).

So I can conclude that I don't have any Prem Interior etc. option, and the alcantara dash was either standard at the time or is somehow coming from the Tech package.

Thanks a lot Bruce, this settles it. (I think we have the exact same model and time of production).

So I can conclude that I don't have any Prem Interior etc. option, and the alcantara dash was either standard at the time or is somehow coming from the Tech package.

But the odd thing is that my March 2015 model S with the tech package doesn't have the alcantara dash. It may be that early 2015 was a transition period for that option and some cars got it and some didn't. I've seen other messages about other options like AP hardware and other things slowly being phased in or out.

There is also a possibility the original owner got some parts off a wreck and installed them. I once had an Impala with a Caprice grill and Oldsmobile sun visors. The grill got broken by a hit and run driver and the junk yard had a Caprice of the same vintage. The visors were a bit worn and the same jun yard had a wrecked Olds 88 with the same color interior.