Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What software version on MY when delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for responding. So with your post my idea that keeping us on 2020.11.103.5 to support our tow hitch was false so I'm at a loss at to why we were delivered with this release and so many others have been delivered with a more advanced release. Yours was LR and mine is the performance with upgrade so that isn't it. I hate to ask because it seems so dumb - does yours have the white interior? (just kidding really but I live in a remote area which has really bad cell phone connections but I have a good internet connection and good wi-fi at the house and I keep the car connected all the time. Too bad ALL new deliveries don't include a TEST download just to let us know that Tesla is there and that our upgrade software works. It is like waiting for the delivery message for months and not hearing anything.
Yes, my full spec is W/W/20", LR AWD, no FSD, no TH.

I also have 2020.11.103.5 - but no tow hitch (6/30 delivery), though I did call in once the tow hitches became available and asked for them to add it, but due to my locked in price, the tow hitch would have cost me close to 4k, so I ordered one for 1200 the day after delivery. I did ask them on the phone at the time to make sure that my model Y will support a tow hitch as I want to add one, and they said they would add a note. Not sure if that is why I got/am stuck with 2020.11.103.5.
I am anxiously awaiting exFat support.

I also have 2020.11.103.5 - but no tow hitch (6/30 delivery), though I did call in once the tow hitches became available and asked for them to add it, but due to my locked in price, the tow hitch would have cost me close to 4k, so I ordered one for 1200 the day after delivery. I did ask them on the phone at the time to make sure that my model Y will support a tow hitch as I want to add one, and they said they would add a note. Not sure if that is why I got/am stuck with 2020.11.103.5.
I am anxiously awaiting exFat support.
If you have a windows computer you could try reformatting the thumb drive into a regular FAT format. I have a 256GB drive that is still FAT and not ExFat and my FAT thumb from Samsung works fine.

Got an explanation from Teslascope...

"Thanks for reaching out regarding this! This is a common question and is due to Tesla not providing the current HW installed in a vehicle with their APIs.

You can adjust the HW version by going to the Debug page for your vehicle, found either in the navigation bar under "Vehicle" dropdown or on your vehicle's main page. We recently added a way to select this during the onboarding process.

More information can be found on our Help Center here:
Help | Teslascope

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know."

Quick support from the Teslascope support network.

Got updated to 2020.24.6.4 exactly one week after delivery.
Upon delivery did you have 2020.11.103.5? or something else (forgive me if you've already told us in a different post). Forget I said anything, I just got my notice of an update. I don't know what version but I'm just happy to see that software updates do in fact work (I think so.....). No need to reply - I found your first post. Thanks again for communicating in this Covid time.

Last edited:
Upon delivery did you have 2020.11.103.5? or something else (forgive me if you've already told us in a different post). Forget I said anything, I just got my notice of an update. I don't know what version but I'm just happy to see that software updates do in fact work (I think so.....). No need to reply - I found your first post. Thanks again for communicating in this Covid time.

Yes, 2020.11.103.5