Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Swag did Tesla give you at delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
Throw up a picture when you can, I am curious.

Here is a photo.

There were two of us, but only one set of stuff: umbrella, mug, lapel pin.
You'd think that the DS would have at least given you guys a laser pointer too. But then again, maybe he was surprised to see two cats taking delivery haha ;) Your kitties look like longer haired versions of one of mine (snowshoe)... but I wouldn't trust her to sit in the frunk and not tear it to shreds lol

You'd think that the DS would have at least given you guys a laser pointer too. But then again, maybe he was surprised to see two cats taking delivery haha ;) Your kitties look like longer haired versions of one of mine (snowshoe)... but I wouldn't trust her to sit in the frunk and not tear it to shreds lol

I took the picture a few days ago. They had just gotten some cat treats that were put in the frunk so they were patiently waiting for more. :rolleyes:

They are Siberian Forest Cats and the one on the left is ultra low allergen. The other is lower than normal compared to other cats, but not super low. My SO has a mild cat allergy so she sought out this breed. They are descended from a different wild cat than most house cats, so they have some odd behaviors compared to other cats I've known, but they are entertaining, intelligent, and friendly.

Reactions: skitch23
My first MS, I got a jacket. My second MS, got a mug, 2 owners caps, key chain, and leather key fob holders. My 3rd MS (husband's car), got nothing. The delivery staff eluded that it was because of not having any apparel/accessories to sell anymore at the SC or store.

I took the picture a few days ago. They had just gotten some cat treats that were put in the frunk so they were patiently waiting for more. :rolleyes:

Do you have a higher resolution version of your profile pic? Your Siberian Forest kitties look beautiful...like long-haired Lynx point Meezers. We have a Lynx and Seal point Meezer-mix, but I'm not sure I want their fur getting all over my X (their kennel cab fits nicely between the middle row seats).

i-TWppgHd-X2.jpg

i-8xBq5wF-X2.jpg

Reactions: skitch23
Do you have a higher resolution version of your profile pic? Your Siberian Forest kitties look beautiful...like long-haired Lynx point Meezers. We have a Lynx and Seal point Meezer-mix, but I'm not sure I want their fur getting all over my X (their kennel cab fits nicely between the middle row seats).

Cute cat. I thought the space between the seats on the 6 seat X would be a good spot for a pet carrier. Siberians are usually orange or brown tabbies, but the breeder ended up with most of the kittens in 2016 being seal points or lynx points. For the cat carrier, I fold up the single back seat on the right side and it fits perfectly behind the front seat.

The one on the right came directly from the breeder. We got caught in Portland traffic and it took three hours to get home when it should have only taken 1 hour. She just slept most of the way. We stopped at a supercharger and were going to grab some human food. My SO was concerned about the car getting too hot so I showed her how the Tesla app worked. I cranked the A/C down to 60F and the cat was perfectly comfortable. She's very easy in the car.

The other one came to us via a circuitous route. She initially went to someone in Oakland, CA who's husband had a bad cat allergy and he had a reaction, so they returned her and she went to Alaska where their kid had a reaction. They needed to find a home for her and we only needed a mild allergen cat and we could pick her up at the Portland airport (we live fairly close) so they gave her to us. The first owner wanted to know if she had been mistested so when she was 7 months old we retested her and she came up the lowest allergen cat ever tested.

She was kind of shell shocked for a while when she first got here. She'd done a lot of flying in only a few weeks, but she has adapted well. The two of them get on like a house on fire. The breed are more pack oriented that typical cats. They actually like having other cats in the household.

The breeder was involved in developing a cat allergen test when he worked at US Davis and he started breeding Siberians because they can have very low allergens. He's placed cats with people who end up in the ER with cat allergies. I suspect in the first household the husband just didn't want another cat. In the second the kid had other animal allergies too. The felD1 protein is unique to cats and Siberians can be very low in that. People who are only allergic to cats can usually be OK with a Siberian, but if there are other animal allergies, it's a different vector and a low allergen Siberian probably won't do it.

My SO named them Sokhattyy and Belka which are Russian for Moose and Squirrel. Moose is on the left. Squirrel has lived up to her name.

FrunkPunks.jpg

The breeder was involved in developing a cat allergen test when he worked at US Davis and he started breeding Siberians because they can have very low allergens

That's interesting to hear. I actually have allergies to cats, dogs, and a number of other things. I ended up going through shots when I was a kid so I could keep kittens my mom and I adopted back then. The shots and constantly being around cats definitely desensitized me to the allergy, but I do have asthma flare ups from time to time (I tend to be more sensitive to dust and various pollens than to kitties).

I might consider a seal point of this breed in the future, but there are so many rescues in need of a home that I usually end up adopting from rescue groups.

BTW, I take a lot of photos of my kitties...
Mochi and Moka

Recently in Columbus, Ohio I received...
1 pen
1 pin
1 umbrella
1 mug
1 J1772 adapter
1 iPhone connection kit (installed)

Was told by my DS that I could get a shirt or sweatshirt from the store when I pop back in. Haven't gone back yet.

1 J1772 adapter

Was told by my DS that I could get a shirt or sweatshirt from the store when I pop back in. Haven't gone back yet.

Did you get an extra J1772 adapter? I thought one is included in the standard mobile charging cable kit that comes with the car (along with the adapters for NEMA 5-15 and 14-50). At least, I had one...would have been SOL if I didn't have a J1772 adapter with me on my recent road trip.

I would have liked to get some wearable swag when I picked up mine. Hat, shirt, jacket...anything!