Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Swag did Tesla give you at delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A very slightly grubby cardboard folder with lease contracts in it.

Oh, and we thought the handover was supposed to include offering us a phone connector. Not only did they tell us our car wasn’t high enough spec to have that (it was only 2x the most we ever spent on high spec BMWs after all) but they also said we would have to come back on a weekday because Parts doesn’t open on Saturdays. Then when we did that, Parts said there is a 5 week delay for stick. Ugh.

^^^^^
lol at Tesla not including it unless you purchase a P vehicle (I asked same question since my first X came with one).

FWIW it's wasn't very usable (I never used it since it required taking my iPhone out of it's case to charge); wireless charging would be better.. Anyway, we got a couple of longer cables and attached to second row USB and charge that way.

I do miss that pen though....it was a nice touch to have in vehicle.

Reactions: avesraggiana
^^^^^
lol at Tesla not including it unless you purchase a P vehicle (I asked same question since my first X came with one).

FWIW it's wasn't very usable (I never used it since it required taking my iPhone out of it's case to charge); wireless charging would be better.. Anyway, we got a couple of longer cables and attached to second row USB and charge that way.

I do miss that pen though....it was a nice touch to have in vehicle.

That support used to come with the premium upgrade

Swag? I consider myself lucky to have gotten the car I ordered Model 3, AWD, long-distance battery), six weeks previously. After driving through the snow 2 hours. Also after a certain amount of nonsense about the trade-in value - this being Nov. 6, 2019.

I’m sure Roadster 2 will come with some swag.

Yes, this is it... :cool: Diecast 1:18 Scale Roadster

upload_2019-11-13_20-31-56.png

Got my car at what seems to have been right before the end of said swag era....July 2016. Mug, pen, umbrella and pin. On a CPO no less.

It's small things like this (no swag) that really solidify the end of the honeymoon for the Tesla relationship in my viewpoint.

Yes there are software updates... Which some are very good.... But there are also vehicle breaking Linux issues that render a Tesla undrivable. (Just dealt with that issue this week)

I know Tesla has to be profitable.... But they also need to be different in a good way.

Tesla seems to become more and more of a status quo car company as time goes on.

Some would call this "maturity", but I consider it one less, in the slowly eroding stack of reasons to buy.

Reactions: avesraggiana