Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What the puck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Hippo25 - You had posted about using hockey pucks with a centering device added. What was the centering device and how did you attach it to the puck?

I‘ve purchased and returned several pucks that didn’t fit.

The centering device is just a piece of plastic that screws to the bottom of table/chair lets to prevent scratching the floor. I don't know what they're called but can buy them at hardware stores. I find it helps center the puck at the jack point but the it doesn't hold the puck in place (i.e. if you remove the jack, the puck will fall and not stick to the car).

I routed a round groove in the puck and then glued and screwed the plastic piece to the puck.

Reactions: fholbert
I have read the whole 5 pages and it looks like one of the solutions is buy the Potauto Universal Aluminum jack pad in "20mm" then we file/sand it down to 19.5mm. This looks like it would take hours to do 4 set.

However, I am wondering if its possible to buy the 25mm Polyurethane model Y lift puck, then we sand it down to 19.5mm? ( probably polyurethane is easier to work with). regarding the center post/shaft lenght, is 1 inch too long? or we need somethinglike 0.6 inch?

Reactions: zoomer0056
The centering device is just a piece of plastic that screws to the bottom of table/chair lets to prevent scratching the floor. I don't know what they're called but can buy them at hardware stores. I find it helps center the puck at the jack point but the it doesn't hold the puck in place (i.e. if you remove the jack, the puck will fall and not stick to the car).

I routed a round groove in the puck and then glued and screwed the plastic piece to the puck.
I bought some pucks but the centering device was always way too small. It would work, but I didn't really like them that small. Someone here suggested this and it works really good. Best solution I've seen. Who ever here suggested it, thanks. It's the prefect size.

Just drill a small hole in a hockey puck and attach these with a screw.

1704677173790.png

Last edited:
Another concern of mine is the shaft of the puck being too long and hitting the battery structure above.

I looked at many of the 24mm wide pucks, they are often much longer, some as much as an inch.

View attachment 952129
I got these Basenor pucks from Amazon and I have 2023 Model Y LR AWD built in Austin…it appears the shaft is too long…which would put pressure on whatever is inside the hole.

IMG_2889.jpeg

IMG_2960.jpeg
I tried to push these in by hand, somewhat hard, before I realized it was too long and wouldn’t go in. Any chance I caused any damage to the battery or vehicle?
It is easy enough to place a pencil in the lift point locator hole and gauge how deep the nub on the jack pad can be without bottoming. The battery housing is inboard of the frame rail and lift points (but not by much.)

Also, see post #25 (thread below.)

No Spare Tire - I Have a few Questions

The diameter of the nub on the Reverse Logic low profile lift puck is 22mm (there is a rubber gasket that ensures that the pad does not fall out of the 25mm locator hole.) The depth of the Reverse Logic low profile lift puck is 16mm. This is 4mm shorter than the adapter on the StanceMagic scissor jack that came with the Tesla Model Y spare wheel/tire kit I purchased on Amazon.
So I recently got pucks and tried pushing them in and realized after pushing on them by hand, they weren’t going in.

IMG_2889.jpeg
IMG_2960.jpeg

Is there any chance I damaged the battery? Is it directly under this lift point? Or just to the inside (towards the center) of the lift point?
I just received a set of BASENOR pucks. The post is slightly too tall for my Y. Are there any concerns with a bit of extra pressure on the inside-the-hole part of the jack point? (is that small spot somewhat load-bearing?)

(I could chop it down a bit but I feel a custom product should work as-is.)
I have the same pucks! What did you end up doing? Did you lift it? Does yours look like mine when inserted?
IMG_2889.jpeg

So I got a set of pucks, but they don't sit flush with the body because that post in the middle is too long, maybe by 2mm.
Is that ok? It seems like most of the weight in this case would be supported by the post.

View attachment 980277
What did you end up doing? Did you lift it? Does yours look like mine when inserted?
IMG_2889.jpeg

I got these Basenor pucks from Amazon and I have 2023 Model Y LR AWD built in Austin…it appears the shaft is too long…which would put pressure on whatever is inside the hole.

View attachment 1015758

View attachment 1015759I tried to push these in by hand, somewhat hard, before I realized it was too long and wouldn’t go in. Any chance I caused any damage to the battery or vehicle?

So I recently got pucks and tried pushing them in and realized after pushing on them by hand, they weren’t going in.

View attachment 1015758View attachment 1015759
Is there any chance I damaged the battery? Is it directly under this lift point? Or just to the inside (towards the center) of the lift point?

I have the same pucks! What did you end up doing? Did you lift it? Does yours look like mine when inserted?
View attachment 1015758

What did you end up doing? Did you lift it? Does yours look like mine when inserted?View attachment 1015758

With ideas of others here I hade my own using hocky picks and some rubber feet.

I bought some pucks but the centering device was always way too small. It would work, but I didn't really like them that small. Someone here suggested this and it works really good. Best solution I've seen. Who ever here suggested it, thanks. It's the prefect size.

Just drill a small hole in a hockey puck and attach these with a screw.

View attachment 1006989