Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What tires specifically come with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking mine up in 4 days, but trying to figure out a trip to Tahoe a few days after that (snow). What are the specific tires that come with the Model X, 22"? Anyone know? Spent an hour with Google and not much on specifics.

The two MXs that I have seen, P90D and P90DL, both had staggered tires, 20" X 245 and 20" X 265, I believe they were. Does anyone know whether the 90D and 70D also come with staggered tires? What is the advantage of staggered tires? Thanks

The 22"s come with these. They claim to be all-season tires but I would not trust them in anything more than a dusting. They won't turn to rock when the weather gets cold though.
While this may have been the case in the not so distant past, I just noticed a change in the Design Studio that says the P90D comes with summer tires on all wheel confirgurations. The 70D and 90D still list all seasons across the board.

The two MXs that I have seen, P90D and P90DL, both had staggered tires, 20" X 245 and 20" X 265, I believe they were. Does anyone know whether the 90D and 70D also come with staggered tires? What is the advantage of staggered tires? Thanks
Nobody knows for sure yet since no 90D's or 70D's have come off the line. It is assumed so though since, as you've noticed, even the 20" wheels are wider in the rear.

Advantage is more grip in the rear. Perhaps to bias the vehicle to understeer (front loses grip first) over oversteer (rear breaks loose first). Which is safer for most everyone.

While this may have been the case in the not so distant past, I just noticed a change in the Design Studio that says the P90D comes with summer tires on all wheel confirgurations. The 70D and 90D still list all seasons across

I just saw that earlier today. Interesting change, I wonder what prompted it. I'll be curious to see what comes on our car when it finally arrives. It doesn't really matter to me, I've already ordered a set of Nokian WRG3, but it might inform some as to when the change happened.

On my second set of Continentals. First one BLEW out at 21,000 miles. Massive structural failure and Continental BLEW me off. Never again. Complete new set and now 21,000 miles later I have a tire with 1-2-1. Garbage tires and garbage company. Never again. Put on new Pirelli's for $235 each, about half of the cost of Continental's junk and the Pirelli's have a 65,000 mile warranty. They ride great.

And just how many threads are you going to necro to tell us about it? I can’t tell if you’re really bitter or a pirelli rep...

Reactions: onlinespending