Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Wh/mi are you getting in this wet weather?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a 100 mile round trip today. 6-7 deg C and roads damp. Cabin heat on 18 deg C with AC, 4 adults in car. Car left 4 hours between out & return trip. Didn't go crazy on economy. A few spirited bursts, some city driving (Oxford), lots of cruising around 40-50 and some stop-start in traffic jams. A lithe under 3 hrs total traveling time.

Overall, I got 284 Wh/m. I'm pretty happy with that. It equates to about 265 miles total range. For this time of year and fully loaded I'll take that as a win!

Average 399. Model S Raven Performance. 2,700 miles since new in November.

Like others I don't intend to change anything now that I am electric, so aircon is at 22 degrees as things are cold, heated seats and steering wheel on, loud music and always in Ludicrous. Most of those miles are A1(M) up and down to Scotland from Suffolk at 75-77mph.

I am hoping that come summer this improves as against a rated 350 miles range I am getting a lot less.....

Reactions: ben_c
I am 2000 miles in mainly long journeys (on my own) on A roads averaging about 50mph which is about as good as you can do without serious abuse of 30 zones which I wont do but I do push it in the 60 and 70 zones. Lots of overtaking.
I am averaging about 302w/mile since I collected the car.
I don't find rain makes any difference to me since on the A roads I drive on, when it rains I have to drive more slowly and that makes up for the extra rolling resistance.
I am not driving more slowly since getting the M3 but I do lift off sooner than I did before for bends and junctions to to allow the regen to do most of the braking.
I have my first 5 up long dual carriageway journey tomorrow. guessing that might be a different story

Just checked, and it looks like the ~130 mile trip back from our Christmas break, in fairly unpleasant weather, averaged around 308 Wh/mile. I've seen it as poor as over 400 Wh/mile on short local trips in cold weather, and the best so far has been 278 Wh/mile, on a ~100 mile trip in reasonable weather for the time of year.

It's noticeable that the energy economy with my wife in the car seems to be a lot better than it is with just me in it...

It's noticeable that the energy economy with my wife in the car seems to be a lot better than it is with just me in it...

That's a known issue. "Whining sound from passenger seat under hard acceleration" it's been reported to Tesla many time. There are rumours of an optional ejector seat in future models, but its a hardware change so won't be available as an OTA update unfortunately.
[/QUOTE]

• Funny
Reactions: Glan gluaisne